or Connect

Posts by amandamac

Hello, Mamas, I haven't posted lately, but have been going to the doctors everyday, including weekends to have my wound packed. The doctor said she might have to reopen part of the section today. I have been pretty depressed about the idea of recutting the area. She is going to give it some more time to heal, yippee! The skin/area looks great, it is just taking longer than it should to heal from the inside out. No infection, so send me some healing vibes, I need...
Hello, Mamas, I never thought, I would have to have a c-section. My husband and I spent the last 4 years preparing for a HB, and wanted to keep things as natural as possible. Our world got turned upside down, though. Riley presented as a frank breech, and took her first poop inside of me. We trasported to the ER for an emergency section. I had a great experience at the hospital. I have no regrets, and know that the section was absolutey nessesary. Riley spent 10...
Hello, Othersomethings :-) You are not alone!!! We brought Riley home on Thursday. Our first night was pretty rough, and we had a projectile vomit on Friday...scarry. When she hiccups after feeding, I feel like it's my fault that she may have an electrolyte imbalance. Glad to hear, I am not alone. Also, we were forced to put her on a schedule in the NICU, but now I am feeding her on demand, with a slight variation. She has acid reflux, so I stop her after a...
wrong post
Hello, I voted No - it went drastically different, and I worked hard to accept it and feel peace about it As you may know, I had an emergency c-section after 3 days of labor. I feel at peace with my circumstances, because Riley communicated to me during the end of our labor that something was not right, and it was time to go. It took me a little time to wrap my head around it, but as soon as we confirmed she was a frank breech, it took me 2 seconds to tell my...
Here is a quick up date on Riley... Riley was doing great for about the first 14 hours or so. She nursed VERY quickly after delivery and seemed to be the happiest baby either of us had ever seen. She definitely broke her dad’s heart about a hundred times that first day. She did, however, develop jaundice very quickly, which came about as a result of Amanda’s blood mixing with hers. Riley’s antibodies attacked Amanda’s blood, which is good, but she had a strong...
BabyMac was born Jan 28 at 3:45am, via emergency c-section. After three days of labor, Riley Elizabeth, decided to present her butt to the world literally, she was a "frank breech." Our midwife checked me at 6cms and said she felt her butt, so we decided to go to Sacred Heart Hospital's birth center, they recommended an emergency section, and honestly after all of my efforts, to keep things natural, it was the best decision for making sure Riley arrived safely. I am...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl Morning all! After 2 1/2 weeks of non stop contractions, all is quet here. Weird! The baby has been turning and twisting and rearranging arms and legs, so hopefully s/he has found a comfy position and is ready to be born. My poor groin is under severe pressure right now. I can feel the head engaged very low. Dh and I have been humming a little tune we like to call 'Cranium in her crotch' which he thinks is...
Hope you and family have a great babymoon!
Wamest Wishes to you and family at this special time!