or Connect

Posts by abharrington

i would never buy new...not with the depreciation...as much as 35% in the first 2 years! no way. and saying that isnt' the case now, with the economy...i just don't buy it. you are still projecting what the car will be worth in 2 - 3 years and who knows? as far as honda vs toyota, i drive a toyota but we aren't to the minivan stage yet, so i don't really know. we will be there, Lord willing, with dc #4 but i have such great cargo space in my 4 runner, even with baby #3...
its an interesting idea. i think it could work. i too struggle with piles on the table. i use it as a desk, catch all when walking in the door, etc. i am trying to find good homes for the items...so they don't end up back on my table. our table is next to a window, so i don't think a fold up table is the answer...but it is a good idea. you might want 2 legs instead of one, with the weight of dishes/food.
i have beenthinking about this A LOT lately. i grew up in a very cluttered home. we didn't clean. we shoveled out the night before the cleaning lady came. my mom is a packrat...maybe even a hoarder. i see how my tendencies are to be a "messie" not a "cleanie" i just dont' see mess and pick up as i go. i want somethign different for mykids. so i am working VERY hard to both (1) keep our clutter down and our possessions limited - we get rid of stuff!! and (2) teach them to...
i say, keep only what they use on a very regular basis. but also limit the total amount of stuff, based on your space. kids just don't need that much...i know we have too much. but we have very generous fmaily who have bought beautiful wooden, quality toys...so i hesitate to get rid of much more, at this point.
we are working on this too. this is what we have for dd age 3 and ds age 18 months: wooden trains/track - love these, use daily unit blocks - love thse, use daily baby dolls/cradle/stroller - love these, use daily cars and balls - love these, use daily kitchen/food/dishes - love these, use daily crayons and notebook - love these, draw daily books - love these, use daily (but we have a very limited collection...only the BEST) play dough, lacing toys, puzzles -...
i agree with pp...i would you keep your most favorite outfits, just a few, from each size. keep these for either another suprise baby of your own or for those of your siblings. i would give the rest to the SILs. thats what i'm doing.
hmmm....this reminds me how much i need to clean out the bathroom closet. :giggle this is for the kids and I: lotion: i make our own soap: dr bronners bars, liquid for hand soap on the sink shampoo/condition: burts bees razor toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste - we like the flouride free from Trader Joes contact case/solution for me deodorant - Jasons and perfume (not sure what its called) make up: ELF minerals...powder, blush, mascara, lip gloss diva...
i'm not sure that would work zoebird...the loft is not full height...i think you may have to do beds with just a mattress and no boxsprings or maybe even a mattress on the floor. but with 2 lofts it would be plenty of floor space for 4 kids. ...or maybe i missed something? i do love looking at all those little plans.
we are 4 soon to be 5 in just under 1000 sq ft. 3 bed, 1 bath. we plan to be here at least 4 more years...and hopefully 1 - 2 more babies. it doesn't really seem small to me...but i can't imagine going smaller. we have a full unfinished basement for laundry, storage and some play space. that REALLy helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by PreggieUBA2C I think our babies have become more and more minimalist each time. I will likely acquire another bouncy seat. My babies are heavy and our bouncers don't last through more than one baby. We put ds3 into one and it just slowly bent to the floor after a week of use. We didn't replace it actually; he spent lots of time on the couch next to me (when not in-arms) and barricaded in with cushions). what is...