or Connect

Posts by 4C-mom

Happyhippimama-   where in VA are you? I'm also in VA, and just finished up the "bridge year" at frontier, for students who have an associates degree in nursing. you spend one year in bridge classes, then move on to the MSN program classes. No, you dont get a BSN in the process, but you graduate with your MSN. I'm really liking Frontier so far (most of the time---but nothing is perfect!). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!    
Glad to hear I'm not alone! I'm certainly not ready right now. I've got anger towards the EX, that feels too fresh for me to be involved with anyone else. It wouldn't be fair to a new boyfriend/date/etc--- I wouldn't be able to give a new relationship the attention it deserves while still holding on to this anger. It's so nice to feel like you aren't the only one!  
I've been a single mom for 3 months now. I am not willing to date yet, I don't feel ready. I feel too much anger right now. Though, occasionally, I do get to thinking..... who the heck is ever going to want to date a 30 year old with four kids??? Please tell me about yourself, or anyone you know, who found love again when they had four (or more!) kids.....   I know plenty of people who found love again, being single with children....but never four or more.... maybe...
no open enrollment here. transportation is not an issue, because I would want to drive him anyways. I drive all my kids to school. him getting all the papers in teh mail? really, hte school usually sends stuff home with the kid. but i do wonder if he would forget stuff. i wonder if i could use his dad's address and my phone number? would they want to call him first for any issues? hmmm. I just dont know what the letter of the law says. I will call them tomorrow and...
Ex moved to a neighboring city last month. our oldest is going into middle school this year. Although I live in an okay neighborhood, the middle school in ex's neighborhood is better than the middle school in mine. We were never married, and don't have a custody agreement through the court. we've got nothing through the courts. My children all live with me, and he sees them frequently. I definitely am the primary though.   Can i legally sign him up for the other...
We had been together for 12 years, and had four kids (and a house, and 2 cars). He left 16 days ago. Even though this is very hard for me.... i will NEVER get back together with him. you can't tell me that you don't love me, you've been pretending to love me for a long time, and that you will never change your mind... move your stuff out of my house.... do that to our kids... and expect that I would ever get back together with you. As much as I miss him, I cannot risk...
NO answers here. I also PM'd one of the mods, adn got no reply either way. I need all the support i can get some days  
I unclogged a really clogged toilet by myself!!! when a few plunges wouldn't do it, I googled "how to unclog a toilet"--with a lot of liquid dish soap and some really hot water, the next plunge worked.   i would have normally let XH do the toilet plunging, barf. i'd never done it. and it was poop, too. barf! but i was pretty proud that I could do that :)    
((hugs)) I'm sorry. I am going through a divorce, too, with four children (10, 8, 6, 3). My STBX only has the kids when I am at work, 3 days a week for 12 hours. Never otherwise, so my only alone time is at work.   I think what you are feeling is normal. You are used to the kids being with you all the time, adn now they are not. Thats a big change. I wish I had a suggestion for you, but I just wanted to say that you aren't hte only one who is separated with multiple...
Have you thought about working in a hospital or nursing home, as a nursing assistant/secretary/etc? Those do not require college education, if you do have a degree, you could do soemthing else. 7a-3p is a pretty common schedule in hospitals/nursing homes. Good luck