or Connect

Posts by EmmaWoodhouse

I wasn't sure where to post. I just needed to 'talk' to someone. I have a newborn that was born a month ago. He is my 8th. All of my dc are under 10 years old. My dh has been deployed since January. So he wasn't here for the birth of our last baby. That has been difficult for me to deal with. It made it even worse because the birth was the most difficult I have had to go through. Then I had my mother here for 6 weeks. I cannot express how difficult that was...
I am so ready to be done. I was ready two weeks ago and I am only 37 weeks now. I guess I am feeling a lot of pressure to get him out early because of my dh's military deployment times and such. If he doesn't come out by Sunday, I don't know how to contact dh. So there is a lot of pressure there. And on top of that, this baby decided to drop a week ago and that has never happened with any of my other babies. And today my ankles are twice their normal size-another...
I get a lot of comments. The most common one is having my hands full. I just respond by telling them, 'yes, but we have a lot of fun'. My dh was always asked by his SFIL when he was getting 'fixed.' He stopped getting that question after he kept responding with, 'why fix what isn't broken?' After my 6th, I asked my OB for a tubal and he looked at me and asked why. I loved that! He has 10 dc. I love where I live. People are more accepting of large families. I have...
Hello again ladies. Sorry I have been mia for so long. I can't get on here much because it takes time away from the dc. Dh is leaving next Tuesday for Camp Shelby. We moved about 3 weeks ago and already got snowed in for a week. Well, me and the dc did. DH had a truck to get him to work. However, now that it is getting close for him to leave, I have been getting really depressed. I hate being depressed, but I keep crying and don't have energy to do anything. I...
My dh hates to read stuff too. So, I read all the information and let him know what to do in case something happened~a very condensed version. Ie: if I am gushing blood, do this; if I am screaming, do this; etc. Even with that, I still had to give instructions during situations. But at least he had an idea where my comfort level was at and could respond to it. If your dh is a 'go with the flow' then just keep up the communication during the birth to help him with his...
Thanks for all the encouragement. We weren't really planning to have so many, it just happened that way. It has been pretty stressful lately. I keep hoping that things will start to get a little easier and less stressful before he leaves, but it isn't. We were supposed to close on our house this Friday, but we might not even close this month! And if we don't close by the 30th, we won't be able to close until the 7th. I really wanted to get settled in our new house...
I just found this board and wanted to join. My name is Julie and my dh is getting ready for his first deployment. He has been in the military for 11 years now. He started out in the Air Force Reserves in UT and then we moved and he transferred to a division in NC. Then he switched to Army National Guard about 2 years ago, I think. Anyway, this is long expected but terrible timing. I am currently expecting our 8th and having a difficult pregnancy. I have almost...
I will be going the the ob to discuss getting a cerclage on monday. I am 19 weeks along and I was 2 cm dilated on Friday. However, it is closing back up today. So, if my cervix keeps opening and closing depending on the amount of ctx I have, would a cerclage still be considered? I don't want to have one put in, and if it has the potential of tearing me, I really don't want one. What would be another option? I am already on partial bedrest. Of course sometimes it is...
Everyone reacts differently to it. Some it will cause more contractions/BH and some it doesn't have much outward effect. My suggestion would be to try it and see. I like to take it as soon as I find out because it doesn't seem to cause any additional ctx/bh and it helps provide me with vitamins, etc and tones my uterus. However, I also start slow with one capsule and work my way up as the pregnancy progresses.
That is great! One of my boys peed on me right after being delivered. The dr held him up and he peed right on me. LOL