or Connect

Posts by mamangazelle

I knew a man who dated his daughter's ex-gf (who was a girl he knew since she was a kid...). They were trying to have a baby but they separated before they managed to do it (he tried to reverse is vasectomy). A year after that, he began to date his son's ex-gf. They moved in together (son's ex-gf, her kids/this man's grand-kids). Finaly, they managed to conceive a child, and now they live together, meaning he is the grandpa/stepdad of his gf's children and his...
Quote: Originally Posted by papschmitty I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have kind of a silly question for those of you who wax at home. DH prefers a brazillian wax. I've been going to a spa to have it done but only because I had a couple gift certificates there. I'd really like to do it myself at home because I'm too cheap to shell out that much money so often! Do you really brazillian wax yourself? If so, how in the world do you do it?! I...
I am. My father came from Spain in his early twenties. I didn't notice he had an accent until the age of 12, when a friend of mine called at my place and my dad answered: she told me she could barely understand him. I never felt like a stranger until I heard teenagers call Italians names, and then I realised they could have done the same thing with me. I too am very sensible to immigration and racism issues. My father never spoke Spanish at home, maybe...
I use warm wax everywhere. I tried sugaring, but it left some hairs, so I went back to warm wax. For the bikini region, I use this: http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/and...=shopping_com& I have tried other waxes, but this one is the easiest and most effective IME.
I watched it this morning after I saw your thread. I am still thinking about it. I may get back later to share my thoughts (or maybe not, english being my 2nd language, it's hard for me to get my point accross sometimes, but thanks for making me watch the movie) Edith
Quote: Originally Posted by Periwinkle How come you're not getting any money back? Isn't that the point of a claim? (Now I'm totally confused.) I filed a claim a while back: a woman on another board ripped a bunch us off. I never got any of my money back, nor did any of the ladies, except for those who paid paypal through their cc. It was a small amount though, so maybe it's different when it's a big amount.
I just read this thread. I remember her well. She got me into raw feeding my cat. She was a great person. I always admired her: her knowledge, her courage, her generosity. You will be missed Shannon. Strength and healing to those who were close to you.
As a CSR for a mobile phone company, we had to do pitches, but we only had to click on the "I did my pitch" thing, so if someone cut me short, I would still click it, as long as they had heard at least what was the product. IME, CSRs have to make pitches, but don't get bonuses when they actualy sell services. I never thought it was rude when somebody cut me short, as long as it was done politely, IE:" sorry, I am not interested in any additional products/services...
Many people don't know that if one child is allergic, there are more chances his or her sibblings will be too. So even if she knew your other children suffered from allergies, she may not have made the link. Also, many, many people think it's ok to feed an infant tiny bits of food, as long as it's not a choking hazard. I've had my mother in law give dd1 bread and a maple sirup lollypop, a friend make her lick chips, and my italian nanny used to give my sister and I...
Rest in peace Jess. I an sending love and strength to your family.