or Connect

Posts by Mrs-Mama

Yes, it is possible to have a safe VBAC, but for a variety of reasons, we were not comfortable with the risk last time and again not comfortable this time, especially after 2 c-sections and the fact that the scar on my uterus ripped last time.  I researched VBAC extensively last time, but in the end, we were not comfortable with the risks.  I am not going into this uneducated.   Thanks for the support, mcs :)
I cannot believe they are letting me go to 40 weeks, but I love my OB!  My c-section will be scheduled for 2/22.  I'll be 40 weeks exactly that day.  Of course if there is a reason to do it earlier (and obviously if I go into labor) then it'll be earlier.  I went into labor spontaneously at 39 weeks with DD, so I kinda feel like the whole scheduling thing is a formality.   I have a J-incision so there is a risk with any labor, but we have a shorter drive to the...
I got a whirlwind of energy today.  It's making me nervous a little bit because I cleaned like a mad woman 2 days before I went into labor with DD.  I'm not quite 35 weeks yet, so this is too early.  But, this morning I spent time in the kitchen doing a triple batch of twice baked potatoes (some for tonight, two batches for the freezer).  I dusted when DD went down for her nap...not just feather dusting which is my usual and preferred method, but dusted with a rag and...
Maybe someone can just start a birth announcements thread.  No pressure to keep up with anything, but at least everything would be in one place.  I would also suggest the idea of adding a poll to the announcements thread so we can see how many boys, girls, b/b twins, b/g twins, and g/g twins.
I'm 35 weeks this week (wow).  I'm making some progress on feeding my freezer.  I made a meatloaf and two batches of meatballs last night.  This morning I made a triple batch of twice baked potatoes...some for dinner tonight and the rest for the freezer.  I want to freeze some homemade chicken nuggets and brunswick stew as well, and also put together a few "freezer kits" for casseroles that can easily be thrown together at the last minute if I have all of the...
I've had two c-sections and I can't say that I recall any afterpains.  Maybe the painkillers take care of it?  I take 800mg of motrin for pain.  The most painful thing about my c-section recoveries (esp with the 2nd one) were the awful gas pains.  
Well, I decided to go ahead and wash both boy and girl stuff in newborn and 0-3 month size (for winter, that is).  Two sets of everything (blankets, boppy covers, etc) are washed and ready to go, stacked in the closet.  Gender neutral clothing is in the top drawer, girl/boy newborn in the middle drawer, and girl/boy 0-3 month in the bottom drawer.  It's a bit crowded, but at my (or someone's) earliest convenience, we can easily move the un-needed stuff back into the...
I am having a planned c-section, so I need a little extra help.  Fortunately, DH is planning to take 2 weeks off, and then my mom will take off one week.  She lives locally and is planning to do like last time...show up around breakfast time and leave around dinner time.  She can help with getting DS to and from preschool and also with my 2 year old DD.  
Oh, sorry to be confusing.  No baby for me yet...I'm only 33 weeks!  I was talking about my daughter who is now 2 years old
DD was born on a Monday, came home on a Wednesday, and we started CDing either Thursday or Friday (can't remember).  We used the leftover disposables from the hospital, and I have to admit, it seemed so easy that the only thing that pushed me to the cloth diapers was the fact that we ran out of disposables   By the time she was in cloth, she was no longer pooping meconium...it had moved to the pea-soup "in-between" stage.  It was no problem on the diapers, though...came...