or Connect

Posts by TEAK's Mom

dd1 (age 9): This kid is a bibliophile of the top rank. She can read 1,000 pages in a day while still going to dance class, playing outside, and generally doing other kid stuff. Not only can she devour any book, she remembers everything well enough to quote word for word books she has only read once. And, she never generalizes from fewer than three examples.    dd2 (age 6.5): Dd2 is a dancer. I don't know where she came from: she's a model of coordination with a...
In Alaska, we do not have to file anything or test at all. That said, most of the homeschoolers I know around here use one of the generous umbrella programs. Those students are considered to be enrolled in public school. At this point, we have valued our autonomy more than the money, but I can see the time coming when testing may be the price we pay for things like pointe classes. 

We've had this experience with dance as well. There are kids with whom my kids have been dancing for 5 years.     
Possession by A.S. Byatt Beloved by Toni Morrison Sassafrass, Cypress, and Indigo by Ntozake Shange The Secret Garden by Francis Hodgson Burnett Fool's Run by Patricia McKillip Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver    
  That would be me, too.     
Underwear solves all the world's problems.
I've been saying it for years, 4evermom. You should move to Alaska. Your ds and my dd1 would get along beautifully and I just know that we'd enjoy ourselves.   
I once had a job where I had to review permit applications for this type of raffle. That was fun.
This sums it up.