or Connect

Posts by TEAK's Mom

We unschool, but have not chosen to use one of the programs yet. I know that some people pull it off, but there is some hoop-jumping and standardized testing that has to happen. As my girls get older (they are 6.5 and almost 9 now), their activities may get more expensive and the testing and work submissions may be a reasonable price to pay. For now, though, we enjoy the total freedom. I also love that the various programs are there in case we need them.    Not very...
We are very fortunate to live six blocks from DP's office, so he almost never needs the car. Our elderly hybrid gets good gas mileage and we make it a goal to leave it parked at least three days a week. Honestly, we walk a lot. If something is less than three miles away, we walk. 
I enjoyed the audio books, too.  
If your Kindle is going to ride around in your purse, get it a case that fastens closed. My case doesn't and that means that the Kindle in the case rides around in a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Otherwise, the screen takes too much of a beating.
Wait, the colony of little people who settled in my unfolded "clean" laundry are my best vajazzlers! They dust, they read Chaucer, they solve differential equations, they're totally upper-class squatters...
This sounds horribly superficial, but this year, I stumbled on something that greatly reduced my usual February PUPD: we traveled. Since the weather here can leave you weathered in or our for days at a time in February, we usually stay put. However, when a close friend scheduled her wedding and asked me to help, I jumped on the chance. Even though DP had to stay home and work and even though I had to make 18 hour trips alone with two kids, it was so awesome. Having a trip...
Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your birth story. So many Alaska women have repeat c-sections because they think that they have no choice (and yes, I know that sometimes they are necessary and the best choice, but VBACs are also valid options).
Some people are SO judgmental! 
Aw, I was going to invite you to a vajazzling party in my messy house, too...
I would have not problem at all with a potluck wedding. It sounds like fun. The only thing I would council anyone planning a wedding is this: if you want your friends/guests to help set up or clean up, ask them NICELY and IN ADVANCE. It is really lame to travel a long distance to a wedding and be treated like the help. Most people are delighted to be a part of things, but do not take it for granted that your guests want to clean up after you.    Thankfully, the one...