or Connect

Posts by april77

I bought them on e-bay. Lego sells the mini figure mold on the website but they don't have the blocks anymore. I think I'm going to dedicate the mini figure mold to the crayons, since I just realized how long it will take me to make crayon sets for 14 kids.
DS wants a Lego themed birthday party, so I bought two silicon molds (blocks and minifigures). I want to make candy to decorate the cupcakes and then crayons for the gift bags. I was going to make the candy first, but my question is: does using the molds to recycle crayons ruin them for anything but crayons afterwards?    Also, I read one blog that said to oil the molds so the crayons come out easier but most tutorials don't say that. Is it necessary? Can you tell...
We just had dd's ears pierced this weekend, she is 7. She had asked when she was younger but changed her mind after watching videos of ear piercings, which honestly was our goal. This time she had talked about it all summer long but we waited until school started b/c we do a lot of lake swimming in the summer and I wasn't comfortable with her having new piercings in lake water. We watched videos and talked about the process and how it would feel. She knew the only way we...
The troops are mostly tied into schools where we are and they do membership rallies at the beginning of the year. There are never enough troop leaders though, which is why some girls can't get into a troop. I was willing to be a Daisy leader so my daughter could be a scout and it was like pulling teeth to find someone to be a co-leader. I took all the girls who were interested, so we ended up with 22 K and 1st graders. The parents were supposed to sign up and take turns...
I worked at a Mother's Day Out program that did Scholastic sales and we didn't actually make any money off of it, instead we earned credit to order books with.
I took my dd to Mammoth Cave when she was 5 and she loved it. We stayed in the park, there are lots of hiking trails and then all the cave tours. She did great on the historic tour. You can also do short self-guided tours of the historic entrance. I would recommend staying away from the New Entrance tour at that age - tons and tons of steep stairs. We also did Dinosaur World, which is a little pricey but she still talks about it over a year later.
Thanks so much again!! We leave in two weeks and the kids are so excited. My MIL just called yesterday to tell me that they have bikes for everyone so we don't have to haul ours or rent. She's also discovered the tide pools and can't wait to show the kids. I've been grabbing extra snacks and toiletries on sale. FIL is a junk-food junkie so we're used to having food issues when with them, we just don't normally visit for a month-long stretch. Thanks again and I'll be...
We've done: lots of Roald Dahl Pippi Longstocking Ramona books Tons of the Rainbow, Pet, Weather, etc. fairy books. I really don't like these books (quality of the writing) but dd loves them. Jack Frost and the goblins are clearly the bad guys, but like a previous poster said they are more clownish than evil. They generally have stolen something of the fairies and the two main characters help the fairies get things back. Like they steal the tail feathers from the...
Thanks so much. I know my in-laws so the "lovely to visit but I don't want to live there" was pretty much what I was expecting. We're driving so I'm going to start stocking up on non-perishables to take with us. Anyone else have info? Thanks!!
Hello- I'm looking for info about the Litchfield/Pawley's Island/Murrells Inlet area. My in-laws just bought a house in Litchfield and we are going down to spend about a month with them this summer. Activities for a 3 and 6 year old? Esp. rainy day activities. Good day trips for when I need time away from the in-laws. Natural food stores and Farmer's Markets? General atmosphere? My in-laws are familiar with the area but we have never been. Thanks! April