or Connect

Posts by pinkshamrocks

My dd2 will be three in Feb also. Her first very clear words were Buzz Lightyear, and all she wants to do is watch TS3 now that it's out (before that was TS1). DD1 went through the same tv thing at about the same age. We try to limit dd2 to 2 viewings a day. After the first, I tell her no more Buzz Lightyear until after her nap. Then, she usually plays with her Toy Story dolls - acting out various parts of the movie. She plays TS dress up, too. She was Jessie for...
[QUOTE=Youngfrankenstein;16014892] I think the OP has not been judgmental and is just expressing herself. I don't know why some of you feel the need to force her to let it go and roll with it. She is hurt and I don't think it's our place to tell her to get over it. [QUOTE] This exactly. If the OP, a total stranger on the internet, has apparently hurt some people's feelings enough that they feel the need to keep hammering on a point, how on earth can a small...
In my opinion, bragging is really in the "ear" of the hearer. lol I'd say use your judgement to see where each individual reacts as you talk about your child. I have friends who are insecure about their parenting (or whatever else in their lives), so I make sure to not discuss certain aspects of my life with those people. Good luck!
I'll pop back in and say that I think being secure with your own situation makes it much easier to accept someone else's bragging - about whatever... children, home size, salary, etc... I guess that's why it doesn't bother me at all when a parent says wonderful things about their child - even things others might perceive as "bragging". I am completely happy and secure that I'm doing the best I can for my child (though always open to improvement, mind you), so I'm not...
You know, I really love to hear parents saying wonderful things about their children... could listen to it all day long, quite honestly. I hear far too many parents saying awful things. I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I think about how much my dad praised even the most simple things I've done over the years. I hope my dds feel the same way someday. They're incredible and I want them to know it. If that makes someone think I'm "bragging"... so be it!
We bought one for our first dd. She'll be 7 next month, and still loves to sit in it and read. Our youngest dd is 18 months old and uses the chair every day, too. I even bought a second cover so I can move the chair to different rooms and have it fit in. I think it'd be pretty easy to buy just a PBK slipcover and then cut large pieces of foam to fit inside to save some $$. hth!
My 2nd dd didn't nurse to sleep until she was around 10.5 months old, but now she loves to nurse to sleep for her naps and at bedtime. She's never comfort nursed (still doesn't). I *think* it was because I had major over-supply issues for the first few months, so she could never nurse w/o getting huge mouthfuls of milk. But, it could also just be her personality. I can't speak to toddlerhood just yet (she'll be 12 months next week), but I'm guessing my dd will never...
Both of my girls were born with a full (and I do mean full!) head of thick, gorgeous hair. The nurses said they'd never seen a caucasian baby with so much hair. I'm nervous about things in the hair at such a young age for fear of choking, so hair doo-dads were out for us. And, I didn't want to put any "gunk" in their hair either. I did the same for dd2 as I did for dd1 - trimmed her bangs only - just enough fringe to keep her hair out of her eyes.
I couldn't agree more. The show was shocking - as it was written to be. "They're" saying the mother is using fear to make a bad decision on behalf of her children. Well, it goes both ways... I turned the tv off and went to bed thinking about my precious dds. I wouldn't ever use scare tactics to parent them, so I won't be swayed by them myself. If anything, this show is the perfect example of just why it's crucial that we educate ourselves so we can feel...
Thanks! Have you lived in RR long? Our littlest is just 10 months, so I haven't had a chance to explore too much yet. We've been here since the middle of July and absolutely love it so far!