or Connect

Posts by shanniesue2

slmommy... "propoganda"  Thank you.  that was the word I was looking for.
I guess just the whole "you're not cool if you don't get shots" vibe infused with flashy lights, dancing, and exciting music... I dunno... seemed a little brain-washy-y to me
Okay, I'm not sure if this is the best part of the forum to post this in.  It's not research or academic at all, but a friend of mine posted this on fb the other day... and I just thought it was really kind of creepy... people dancing and singing praise about shots and the CDC.... very weird... thoughts?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-1NZU8oaY&feature=share
I have two bulging discs (the two lowest discs) a bone spur and curvature in my low back.  I have chronic pain at night, if I sleep on my back, the pain radiates to my heels, on my sides and it radiates to my hips, on my stomach, it hurts my back.  During the day, the pain refers down the side of my leg and into the bottom of my foot.  After an MRI 2 years ago, an ortho MD recommended cortisone shots.  I opted for chiro care because it seems to me that chiro addresses...
my chiro has done a couple of auricular therapy treatments on me.  The one he did yesterday was actually painful.  It felt like this really sharp pressure/swelling sort of sensation.  It only hurt on the left side.  My left ear is still tender where he placed one of the needles.  To the point that it was uncomfortable to sleep on my left side last night.  Is this normal???  Especially considering that I'm not noticing much improvement in the condition that he is doing...
wait, never mind... I just saw that it's out of stock!  Sorry!!!!
$135!!!   If I needed anoth convertible, I'd  jump on this deal!  I bet it doesn't last long!   http://www.elitecarseats.com/Sunshine-Kids-Radian-XTSL.pro
We got season passes to our local water park for the summer... so we'll be spending lots of time swimming!!   So now I need to think about a life jacket for DS.  There are some tricks... He's 3, but he only weighs 28 pounds... so all the toddler jackets are going to be too big for him.  I'm not really wanting to get him one of the infant ones with the head support... I think he'll be less likely to be happy and comfortable in it.  I want a jacket that is going to...
Former Christian here, raised Catholic, spent 6 years as an episcopal... now I'm UU with pagan/earth based leanings.  My husband is Epsicopal.  Just wanted to give you some Episcopal info...   Yes, they are a more liberal Christian denomination... so they will tend to be more accepting of alternative lifestyles and beliefs.  And they aren't fundamentalist in the sense that everyone MUST believe the same thing about a particular tenant of Christian theology... there is...
  I don't know that being excited for you b/c you're having one of each is necessarily a bad thing... I guess it depends on how they say it... like I guess if they're saying you'll have the perfect family b/c you're going to have one of each and not two of the same, that's pretty rude.  But on the other hand, maybe they're just excited for you and trying to express that and doing it poorly...I'm only saying that b/c when my friend got pregnant with her second and found...