or Connect

Posts by shanniesue2

OP, I'm like that.   DS just turned 3 this week :)  And I know that I don't want any more (at least for another 2-3 years, if ever).  And there are so many reasons why:  my personal energy/motivation level, financial, more freedom in the schedule, marital issues, traumatic birth issues, etc, etc.   On the other hand, I just held a newborn baby last weekend and practically swooned.  I talked to a pregnant colleague today and missed that feeling of baby moving...
P.S.  The drives are monthly, but the April drive is the only overnight drive.  Plus, due to scheduling and childcare issues, he hasn't been able to go on a drive since the spring fling last April
To answer questions about the safety factor... I am not concerned about DS riding in the miata.  You can manually turn the air bag off.  And he is still RFing (he's a tiny 3 yo at 27 pounds soaking wet).  I did a lot of thinking about it before letting DH take him for short drives around town (30 minutes or less), and I feel comfortable with it AS LONG AS DH leaves the top up (I have horrible visions of debris flying into the cab of the car and knocking DH out while he's...
DH has a miata and is part of a club that does monthly drives.  In April, they do a spring fling, where its 8-9 hours of driving on good "driving roads" on day 1(nices views, at times windy, and not frequented by cops).  They stay overnight somewhere (usually within 3-4 hours of direct route driving distance--they just take forever to get there b/c the purpose of the drive is to... well, drive) and then come back using a slightly more direct route than the first day. ...
DH and I went on a 4 day anniversary trip last summer (DS was 2 y 4 m).  When we left, he was still nursing several times during the day and occasionally at night but not every night).  I took my pump just in case.  We left him with my parents, and he did fine.  He had a couple of moments where he was sad for mommy and daddy.  But when we came back, he nursed like normal and we continued nursing until about 6 weeks ago.  It was really nice to have that time away tbh.  We...
I also don't get the "Eager to please" crap.  Seriously?  DS is just now turning 3, but he's been acting like a 3 year old for a while, and yeah... not fun.  The other day, I had a moment where I was soooooooooo tempted to spank him, it wasn't even funny.  We were at Target and he climbed into the shopping cart storage area and refused to come out.  Yeah, eager to please himself!  It's fun to frustrate mommy!
As a kindy teacher, I deal with "tattletelling" ALL THE TIME.  I don't have a problem with kids asking for help with solving problems with their peers, but I don't think that's the same thing as "tattletelling."  To me, the purpose of tattletelling is to get an adult to go over and yell at the other kid and get them in trouble.  I.E.  "TEACHER!  HE THREW HIS BREAKFAST IN THE GREY TRASH CAN" (it's supposed to go in the red one).  That is tattling.  "Teacher, so and so is...
a little OT, but over the last several years, I have noticed several of my kindy students with breast buds.  I don't say anything, b/c I don't feel it's my place, but it is a little alarming to me that 5/6 year old girls are beginning to experience those changes.
Okay I know we probably should have had DS in to the dentist earlier, but it is what it is at this point...   So anyway, DS has his first dentis appointment today.  It's with the same practice I went to as a child, so I trust the dentist and the practice.  But I'm just nervous b/c DS is so difficult with teethbrushing.  I've tried every toothbrush/toothpaste on the shelf, and every game I can think of, and it frequently just comes down to me sitting on him trying to...
I'm a full day kindy teacher.  And honestly, the thing that worries me about your op isn't the full day thing.  I think that full day is fine for all of the reasons mentioned by above pp's.   It's the idea of giving spelling tests to kindy kids that's bugging me.  I mean, I don't take issue with teaching kids academics, but I take issue with how it's done.  In my class, we do have group times and work on academics like basic math and reading skills... we also have...