or Connect

Posts by shanniesue2

DS got into that routine 3-4 months ago (he's almost 3)... oh goodness, it's not fun.  Add to that, he was also pretending to shoot us when he got mad.  And he would actually say things like "You're dead!"    In our case, we had gotten in a bad habit of watching too many movies that weren't awful, but probably alsow not age appropriate (like Toy Story).  So we cut wayyyy back on movies and also put a ban on any movie that had any kind shooting in it.  That was the...
I can't find any good info on this just by googling.  DS has his 3 yo WBV coming up (he turns 3 at the end of february), and I will talk to his doctor about it.  DS hasn't gained any weight since his 2 yo visit... literally.  He was 26 pounds at 2 yo, and he's still 26 pounds.   I get nervous about weight b/c he fell off his charts at 5 months, and by the time he was 17 mo old had only gained 4 pounds.  Turned out, he had a massive hole in his heart and his heart was...
I was bringing a meal to a friend from church who had just had a baby and while I was at HER HOUSE, she pulled out a nurnsing cover to BF her brand new baby.  And we go to a church where it is just expected that women nurse their babies.  So it's not like it's looked down upon in our circle.  idk, I can sort of understand covering up to NIP (I did a few times in the beginning when we were still figuring it all out), but in your own home?
update!   Instead of sitting in a chair next to his bed, I have been taking a little pen light and a book and laying on the floor next to his bed... he falls asleep really quickly this way :)  And I don't get so frustrated just sitting there waiting for him to settle down and go to sleep   Now, we just need to get him staying in his own bed until it's time to wake up in the morning!
A simple physical may or may not shows signs of abuse, but let me tell you from personal experience....if a physical by her ped/an ER doc or nurse show signs of abuse, it will NOT constitute as evidence of abuse and will not be upheld in a court of law.  You need a SANE exam done by a nurse who is qualified to do SANE exams for that.  And if you really really think that abuse has occurred, then also take my advice from personal experience... get a SANE exam.  ASAP   I sat...
they had vomit all over the bathroom and still invited people over?!?!  WHO does that?  Seriously?!?!  I'm just floored that you had to clean vomit up in the bathroom in order to go pee.  I think if I had walked into a comit covered bathroom, I would have walked right back out and gone to the closest gas station.  YUCK!   I would be dreaming up all sorts of nasty emails to send to them... heck I am and I'm not even in the situation... something along the lines...
hmmmm.... definitely not before the age of 18   after that... I know there legally isn't anything I could do to stop someone who is old enough to sign their own consent... but I know with myself, I have one tatoo, and I'd like to have another one some day, but I made a rule for myself with tats before I ever got mine.  I had to think about for at least a year before I decided to get it.  That means I had to know exactly what I wanted and where.  That way, I know...
I haven't read through all the responses, and I'm so sorry that you and your DD had that awful experience.  It's so easy to act in ways we normally wouldn't in response to being injured.  Don't be too hard on yourself, mama.  And just continue processing with her.   I really wanted to post b/c I have some ideas for the art issue... of course run all of these by her and see what she thinks before deciding: 1.  Scan and save on flsh drive to start a digital...
totally normal!  Relax and enjoy your sweet babe :)   On a funny note, DS was about 6 months old when he started stringing ba's, da's, and ma's together.  The only reason I remember it is that it was during that really nasty 2008 election season and he randomly strung together o-ba-ma one day!  Being the liberals we are, we were very proud.
DS will be 3 at the end of february.  And I don't want to be too forceful with this.  But the fact is, that hour+ long bed time routines just aren't working for us anymore.  Sure, he will fall asleep quicker if DH goes to bed with him.  But then DH falls asleep and he and I never get any us time.  We're struggling with our marriage and need some us time.   Here's our current bedtime ritual--7:45-- brush teeth, jammas, story, lights out, prayer, then lay down with him...