or Connect

Posts by leoheart

That sounds brutal Best wishes for a successful surgery. I would love to hear your feedback about it after if you ever feel like coming back to update the thread. But hopefully you will be too busy living a pain free life to do that!
That's interesting, I have been told I probably have a labrum tear (as I had anterior hip pain prior to having children) - I just had an arthrogram to check for this last week. I think the hip pain and the SI pain definitely contribute to each other, but I have still had improvement (with both) in the last few months. I was even able to walk around London for hours sightseeing with my son this summer, when a few months before I couldn't even walk for 15 minutes. If the...
Hi Danicat, My daughter weaned about a year ago, just over three years old at the time. I did not find weaning to be a cure for my SI issues. I can tell you that the only actual research that I have found on relaxin says that it declines over the first six month post-partum period, regardless of breastfeeding or not. As far as what has helped, I have to say the thing that has helped the most is the "balancing exercise" from Cecile Rost's book, Healing Pelvic Pain (maybe...
Kellyh, it's so great to hear a positive surgery outcome! I'm so happy for you, and hope that your recovery is long-lasting!   Personally, I have found that, since my pop first happened, just over a year ago, I have had great improvement with physio/kegels. I now hardly think about my prolapse and usually only have minimal symptoms during my period. I haven't started running again yet, due to continuing SI joint pain :( but  if i have symptoms when I do get to run...
Thanks for your supportive thoughts. The party was good and her kids had a great time. Her mother is there, along with her childhood friends, and palliative caregivers. She did not want to see people, which I completely understand, but I miss the opportunity to say goodbye. Her husband is doing remarkably well, but I think it is easier now when there are constantly so many things to do and take care of her, but it will be so much harder when she is gone. He said she was...
I just found out that a friend from my son's school has terminal cancer. I've known her casually for about 4 years, her two sons are the same age as my sons - 4 and 7, our kids are friends at school and daycare. This was very sudden - she wasn't sick at new years, and they decided not to tell everyone (aside from school teachers etc), but her husband told my partner last week that she only has a couple of weeks to live. We have to go to her 7 year olds b'day party today,...
Hi Robynfrog, I would have to say your instinct sounds right on here. The uterus not only helps to support other pelvic organs (providing it is not prolapsed itself), it provides hormonal support - even in menopause. I would avoid losing it if at all possible. I have a friend who was dx'd with uterine cancer, and she fought to keep her uterus and opt for other treatments. She is doing great now, but she did a lot of research on the hysterectomy issue, and I have to think...
exactlywatt, I'm sorry this has happened - when I first realized what was happening I was devastated and cried a lot, and I wasn't even suffering pp hormones! Now, after 6 months and finding this thread and seeing a physiotherapist I don't think about it nearly as much, and when I do I feel like I can manage it well. The symptoms will most likely improve for you, and your psychological state will also improve. You will gradually be able to do more and adjust what you do to...
Yes, I saw a physio/osteopath last year who specialized in this kind of thing (internal myofascial release etc). I have had alignment issues for years that have been exacerbated by pregnancies and deliveries. Now I'm trying to work on my alignment problems with pilates and physio. It's so much work to try and correct all these problems after the fact, I wish there were more info/support (including financial) for preventative healthcare.
There is also a forum at www.prolapsehealth.com. They answer questions about physio/surgery/natural options and are not particularly slanted in any one direction (although they definitely recognize the current limitations of surgical options). Not as great as this forum but another resource for information.