or Connect

Posts by Caledvwlch

We're set on a boy name - also not sharing publicly, with anyone. The girl name is the one in contention - I'm dead. set. on one that I love, but my husband disagrees and has come up with exactly one alternative.
Hypnobabies, but it isn't cheap.   IndieBirth has some good resources and podcasts.
Yes, everyone will have the sending address when I can also pass along the other information (# of participants, due date, etc). I didn't want to make it publicly accessible, obviously.   And thanks. I blame work for the mindset and having done these things once or twice for the "hey let's get everybody on the same page and outline expectations" part. ;)
 This situation ^^ only works, as another poster has said, if you have the beads in-hand and you send them. If you make a bulk order online, why would you cover shipping (to you, and then to me) twice? As far as dealing with mailing - Multi-Order Shipping tool through PayPal. ;) Copy, paste, print, tape, drop off at USPS. Nobody gets burned either way on shipping (I've run co-ops before where the VAT fees weren't able to be calculated until everyone had already paid for...
Is the discussion regarding above-ground pools, in-ground pools, or just pools in general? I really do think that specifics can make a difference.   I wouldn't let my child run around an in-ground pool unsupervised - too much potential for accidents (I actually knew a woman who owned a house with an in-ground pool - she slipped, hit her head, and drowned. She lived alone, and was not found immediately).   As a child, my grandparents had an above-ground pool with an...
I'm sorry that the tongue-in-cheek didn't convey well in the post. I honestly don't know a fair chunk of these children, whether or not they're playing at the neighbors' or in our yard/the space between them. I don't see parents and I don't see the children around the neighborhood otherwise. I have a fairly young child - IMO it is unsafe and irresponsible on the parents' part to let the children wander. Not the fault of the children, but it puts me in a very sticky...
We homeschool, and it always seems as though there are children in our yard, whether they're for us or for the next-door neighbors (older kids and a basketball hoop).   Friends of mine have suggested feeding hungry children, because you don't know if they're getting enough to eat at home (the friends who suggested this were in this position as children). I would disagree, especially in this day and age where you never know if someone has a food allergy. My child never...
I found these icons while browsing Pinterest - I believe that the idea is to copy them and use them to create a visual birth plan, particularly if birthing in the hospital (tape a copy to bassinet, door, chart, etc).   Hope this helps!
If they can knit, dishcloths are always good.   I made a clay bowl for my aunt and uncle when they married - I was six or seven years old.
Okay - I created a Google Docs form that will put the data in a spreadsheet. Unless there are objections or some other issue, this will be the sign-up. I did put in a few "terms of agreement" that you just have to check off - namely, keeping up with updates (final head count for bead totals, shipping due dates, payment due dates if not sending payment with beads, etc) and just agreeing that you'll send the right number/size of beads by the due date and also send along...