or Connect

Posts by Caledvwlch

I'm sorry that the tongue-in-cheek didn't convey well in the post. I honestly don't know a fair chunk of these children, whether or not they're playing at the neighbors' or in our yard/the space between them. I don't see parents and I don't see the children around the neighborhood otherwise. I have a fairly young child - IMO it is unsafe and irresponsible on the parents' part to let the children wander. Not the fault of the children, but it puts me in a very sticky...
We homeschool, and it always seems as though there are children in our yard, whether they're for us or for the next-door neighbors (older kids and a basketball hoop).   Friends of mine have suggested feeding hungry children, because you don't know if they're getting enough to eat at home (the friends who suggested this were in this position as children). I would disagree, especially in this day and age where you never know if someone has a food allergy. My child never...
I found these icons while browsing Pinterest - I believe that the idea is to copy them and use them to create a visual birth plan, particularly if birthing in the hospital (tape a copy to bassinet, door, chart, etc).   Hope this helps!
If they can knit, dishcloths are always good.   I made a clay bowl for my aunt and uncle when they married - I was six or seven years old.
Okay - I created a Google Docs form that will put the data in a spreadsheet. Unless there are objections or some other issue, this will be the sign-up. I did put in a few "terms of agreement" that you just have to check off - namely, keeping up with updates (final head count for bead totals, shipping due dates, payment due dates if not sending payment with beads, etc) and just agreeing that you'll send the right number/size of beads by the due date and also send along...
I've never seen measles, but I don't want anybody like that around me or my family unless it's clear what it is and that there will be exposure ("pox parties" for example).   Yikes.
Mares - I'm just about to head out for a bit. I can try to do some sort of Google Docs form (responses would be private/viewable only by myself) for addresses and the like.   Should we tackle "swap" obligations once we've reached May 1st? If we don't have many people, it seems like a small flat fee to cover shipping + materials. If we do have significant participation (increasing package weight), we could probably just request a flat-rate-shipping fee from everyone...
No problem. I've actually (as I think I said?) been struggling with the idea of a "birth plan". My midwife even asked if I was "planning" a water birth or where I "wanted to have the baby" (specifically room location). I shrugged and said, "I don't know. Water didn't help with my first labor/birth. It might help with this one. My plan is that I'll figure it out when I get there."   I want to Skype with my family when I'm in early labor. I might have an extremely short...
Oh, something that just occurred to me -   I'm not in the Facebook group, but could someone maybe mention the exchange over there so that anyone wanting to participate can post here to sign up?
Just hit the main points. The level of intricacy will probably be determined by your location of birth and your care provider/s. For example, hospital and/or OB with a high C-section rate? Spell it out. Home birth with a midwife? Probably don't need to be too detailed.   While in labor - food/drink, type of monitoring, ability to move, ability to use tub if applicable, amniotomy/breaking water bag, pain relief, "extra measures" to extract baby (episiotomy vs tearing,...