or Connect

Posts by herenow2

Yes Newmainer, I sometimes question the authenticity of the community too. It is a small private school so sometimes it feels like I am paying to have a community like a sorority or something. Lol. But they are genuinely nice people I think. They brought meals over for weeks when we had a baby last year and I cold count on 15 different moms to pick up my kids or watch them in a pinch and things like that. Also, as an introvert I am not great at seeking out community...
My daughter is 7 and she is currently obsessed with all things 1800s. It started with the little house books, then caddie Woodlawn, and a variety of other pioneer type books. It does involve her obsessing over calico dresses, scorning technology and walking around with a bonnet on. Lol Before this it was mysteries (boxcar children inspired) and before that all things titanic. I don't mind exposing her to things that I think are developmentally appropriate and steering...
This is all helpful feedback.  Thank you.   Amy, may I ask how did that go with leaving your younger in school?  How did you position that with your kids?  Just that the older one wanted to be homeschooled or had different needs?  
Thanks Daffodil.  She likes the school and has some friends there but she would not be heart-broken to leave at all at this point in her life.  I don't think she recognizes the value of a community yet and maybe she never will appreciate this community like I do.  I just like the idea that I know these people and that we are all looking out for each others kids and will continue to do so over the years.  You make an excellent point though that I should be delineating...
I have been considering homeschooling for over a year and keep stalling because we actually love the school community we are in.  My daughter is in second grade and has had a really hard time going to school ever since kindergarten.  She is very bright and knows almost everything they teach at school all year long.  She was tested and does fall into the gifted range and the school does not have a gifted program but does try to help her somewhat through enrichment...
Thanks for posting to this.  I am considering homeschooling right now but haven't yet made the plunge (for a few reasons) and am trying to take all sides and factors into account.  I would like to say though that this "survey" and discussion should just be considered anecdotal, of course.  This is put together so that no real information can be extrapolated to make any sorts of conclusions.  The wording, the sample, the lack of a control, the innumerable confounding...
This happened with my oldest and it turned out to be a food allergy to when I ate dairy or gluten.  Once I cut those out, she slept much much better.  She never ended up having any food allergies herself or else she outgrew it before she started eating those things after one year.     Those months before I figured it out were so utterly exhausting.  Hope you get some sleep soon!
Baby boy arrived on 9/22.  He was 7 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long.  
Mine subsided by 10 weeks thankfully!
Thank you Jen!  I keep telling myself they wouldn't send me home at 38 weeks if they were worried, they'd just induce or c-section.  But then I google late decelerations and get paranoid again.  Your input makes me feel better.