or Connect

Posts by herenow2

Thinking of you today.  Hope everything is okay!
I know, it's a totally different story once you have seen the baby and the heartbeat.  Definitely keep hoping for the best, there are always exceptions.  You are in my thoughts!   Keep us posted.
If you are interested in a pretty clear study discussing early fetal heartrate and pregnancy outcome, here is an abstract that I found when I was going through this.  It is not very optimistic, so if you are trying to stay optimistic then don't read it!  I tried to maintain a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" attitude.  All the best to you and your little one.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15994999    
Are you sure you want the bad?  If so, read on...   This happened to me around 6 months ago and it did not end in a good outcome unfortunately.  At 7 weeks 1 day (I was sure of dates) I was measuring 6 weeks 3 days and the heartbeat was 100.  The midwife said everything was fine and not to worry, but I went home and did my research and realized that it wasn't a good sign.  I miscarried 1 week later.  I wish my midwife had prepared me a little more as it was a pretty...
Yes.  Last year my daughter had a virus where the fever lasted (between 100-103.7) for 9 days last spring.  I was so worried about her and took her to the doctor twice and called him several other times (and I never take my kids to the dr!).  He was always reassuring that it was a virus and they often last up to two weeks.  Sure enough, she was better a week later and was completely fine.  Good luck.  I know it feels so scary.
I'm very sorry for your loss.  I had a recent miscarriage and it took 2 months(!) for my hcg levels to go down, so it could be that too.  Although I heard levels drop faster with a dnc.  All the best to you.
I have my third cervical polyp in three years and I would love to be able to get rid of it without having the minor surgery and to stop getting them all together.  I really lead a pretty healthy life and eat really cleanly so I don't understand why I keep getting them.  Anyone btdt? Thanks!
I just discovered that I have another cervical polyp (my third since the birth of my second child 3.5 years ago.)   I am around 5 days past ovulation and we have been trying to get pregnant, but I have no idea if I am.   I read mixed things about the removal of polyps during pregnancy.  I have read stories where women have miscarried because of an infected polyp and I have read stories of women who have miscarried because the removal of a polyp.     Do you...
Along the lines of some previous posts, I think it is okay to validate beauty but also talk about basic human worth and dignity not being at all related to such characteristics.   My daughter is often complimented for academic and musical success and sometimes gets a big head about it.  I compliment her for "working hard" and "perseverance" and stuff but also remind her that no matter how great she is at something, it doesn't make her any better or more worthy than...
I am sorry you are suffering from this.  Unfortunately it is pretty common!  I don't have much time to post at the moment, but if you do a search here you will find a ton of information on nutrition and supplements that might make a world of difference and are safe to use while nursing.  Off the top of my head:  Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin C, High Quality Fish oil...  It might be worth a visit to a nutritionist, naturopath or homeopath.  Pregnancy can really deplete you...