or Connect

Posts by herenow2

Glad to hear I am not alone!  I know I shouldn't be looking for problems  .  It's just that all the allergy and digestive reading I have done in the past makes me paranoid that I am doing silent damage so I jump on any minor symptoms.  Thanks for the replies.
Gluten makes me gain weight even when I eat otherwise healthy, reasonable amount of calories, exercise well.  When I go gluten free (as I have for nursing) I lose weight and get to my ideal body weight really easily even though I probably eat the same amount of calories overall.  When I eat gluten my weight steadily rises to an unhealthy level.  Would this be a sign of gluten intolerance or celiac if there are no other known symptoms?  I still feel the same energy wise...
My 3 year old preschooler naps for about 1-1.5 hours.  Every now and then (maybe once a month) she'll skip a nap and go to bed at 6 pm.  She usually goes to bed around 7.  If she sleeps longer than 1.5 hours, she'll stay up until 7:30 or 8.
Although it was a major life change for me to have a baby, I loved it.  It was so simple and straightforward to me.  I just had to take care of the baby.  It was hard getting used to no sleep though.  With a second baby (mine were 2.5 years apart) I had a really hard time juggling their conflicting needs.  I felt so guilty when I had to tend to the baby and my 2 yo wanted something and vice versa.  I found it hard getting all three of us out of the house and doing stuff...
smart medicine for a healthier child - janet zand naturally healthy babies - aviva romm how to raise a healthy child in spite of your doctor - (can't remember the author)
Yep!  My "spirited" child just started full day kindergarten and I am just now taking my first breath of air after 6 years even though I still have a 3 year old at home.  My daughter never slept as a baby and has chattered non stop and had intense behavior ever behavior.  Like others said, the intensity and determination are being channeled more now and it is amazing to see all her many talents blossom.  It really did help me to try to positively reframe the exhausting...
Thanks.  It is good to know I'm not the only one!  It helps to think of it as a "transitional stage of life" and that I won't be without close friends forever!  Like you, aurora_skys, I have always easily made a bff and that's what I miss - a bff (who lives nearby) who I feel totally comfortable with and close to.  I feel like parents of young children are sensitive and insular, I guess I am too in some way and I should just view my husband and kids as my bff for now :).  
It is just dawning on me now (6 years later) that I haven't made even one real friend since my daughter was born 6 years ago.  I have lots of acquaintances through my kids (6 and 3) and my old friends from college and single life though most of them live far away.  For some reason I can not really connect with new people.  I can have decent enough conversations and spend time together with my kids' friends' parents but it never turns into a friendship even though I feel...
I am in the field of social work.  I have an MSW and an LCSW.  I like the flexibility of the degree.  I have friends from grad school who work at hospitals, schools, mental health care facilities, non profit organizations, adoption agencies...  The pay is not great to begin with usually (maybe 30-40 depending on field,) though I know people who are making 80k+ now after 10 years of experience.  There are lots of flexible jobs, part time, school based (9 months / year),...
Yeah, I'm just not down with the song being played at school regardless.  (I really think it was the "f" word version and they just didn't pick up on it.  the principal surely would have said if they had the edited version but he didn't.)  I let my kids listen to some pop music at home too, but like a pp poster said, I can control it then.  I just don't believe school should be a purveyor of pop culture.  There are tons of age appropriate, positive message songs out...