or Connect

Posts by ZoeyZoo

I seem to be OK using Dr Bronners as a shampoo but I still need to use a natural conditioner and something very acidic in combination to avoid the greasy hair. I have been using Dr. Bronner's conditioner with some nature's gate conditioner. Using Dr. Bronner's conditioner or acv along made me greasy too. I came from using a gentle shampoo and a conditioner with no cones in it so I was expecting an easier transition but no luck.
I tried castor oil with the oil cleansing method as well as mixing it with other carrier oils that are usually good on acne like almond oil. I found it clogged my pores and broke me out badly. Oddly it was Dr Bronner's soaps that cleared me back up (which are made from coconut oil which is supposed to be pore clogging). I suspect is that saphonizing (sp?) the oil which made the difference in my skin being able to tolerate it because pure coconut oil also clogs me pores.
I started getting insane acne when I hit 30. I found Dr Bronner's castill soap and a acv/witch hazel toner to be perfect for getting me skin back together. I also love a moisturizer called skin science that is primarily made of almond oil and jojobo oil ( about $7/bottle but it has some preservatives I'm not happy with). This is the only thing I have found that doesn't break me out, cause my face to get oily, etc.   About once per week I also do a mask of rhassoul...
I filed divorce. In my state you can submit an agreement before ever reaching a court date if you want to. You just submit your agreement and have the judge assigned to your case sign off on it and it gets recorded as your divorce settlement. In my state you still have to file whether you go through the courts or not.   You can also submit on the initial filing the divorce agreement and serve it. If the other party doesn't respond by a certain date, you are divorced...
I can only comment on my chicken broth. I usually just save bones or buy cuts with little meat (like backs or feet) specifically for broth.   The only time I include chicken meat is when I plan on making a chicken soup right afterward. You can cook it in there and then shred the chicken into the soup with the broth and new vegetables, seasonings, noodles, etc.
I think Cupressa said it well. One of the issues is that pretty much any packaged or processed food contains omega 6s which puts the ideal 1:1 ratio out of whack. For example, canola, soy, corn etc are all high in omega 6s. So most people consume large amounts of omega 6s without enough 3s to balance them out.
This probably has a lot to do with the general (bad) diet advice saying to eat low-fat and the rising child obesity. Due to rising obesity rates, the AAP came out a few years ago telling doctors to recommend low fat products for kids even though so many kids need the fat and cholesterol for growing.
TJs says they quit carrying GMOs in all their store brands since 2001 - not just on the organics. It's nice to see someone took action on this. I still am a little leery though because most of their products seem to contain corn/soy/canola which is most of the GMOs in the US.
In my state it's very expensive at the farmer's markets but Trader Joes and Whole Foods both sell grass fedd raw chesses (esp cheddar).   The only thing I have found about using non-raw cheese and yoghurt was in Nourishing Traditions that said to look for ones that were not homogenized when you need to heat. It's a very small sentence - I believe in the money or time saving appendixes. Only butter seems to retain some of it's vitamins (like K) from what I have been...
When my dd was younger she drank a lot of raw milk and ate raw cheese. She never got sick. Now she rarely touches either and she gets a cold or two per year.