or Connect

Posts by ZoeyZoo

Anon - I really like the website baggagereclaim.co.uk   It's taught me so much about what healthy relationships look like and there are tons (literally hundreds) of free articles. She has a few books too but the articles are really helpful themselves.   What I've pieced together is if a guys just texts without anything else (such as calls, plans, etc.) to get to know you better, he's just looking for attention, sex, or some causal.
You are allowed to enforce boundaries as well so that you limit your ongoing abuse from him. For example you can inform him all communication will be through e-mail and texting so you don't have to listen to his ranting. That way you have a record and can only respond to what pertains to your ds. You can also set up supervised visitation out of your house in a neutral place like a park.   Like the PPs mention also be sure to keep evidence of these interactions. If...
I think you listed a few red flags...besides her being the other woman.   1. You are broken up and he wants to have sex with you while he already has a new GF. 2. The new GF already lives with you ex and he is looking for other women 3. The woman doesn't have much of a relationship with her kids.   I know it's hard but I think you will be in a much better position to get this guy out of your life. He's cheated (or attempted to) on both of you and you will...
Anon - I may be mis-reading this but it was 2 dates in 4 months? If so, he is not into you if he can wait that long.   I have found that what a guy calls "neediness" what usually just that the ex had standards, boundaries, and other things that are good for healthy relationships. I wouldn't be afraid to share your expectations and if he steps up to court you know he's not it. I understand guy may be getting to know you after the first few dates but after that they...
That is horrible! The acting rude thing is never a good sign.
That's great Anon!   To the OP... I think that sounds great! My only reservation to bring up is that you live a few hours from each other. At some point you will probably both want to live in the same place assuming it works out. Is that something you can do? Can one of you move at some point? With kids, careers, etc. sometimes that won't work and it's better to think about it up front than after you are heart broken. You also will not see them on a day to day...
I had to move to a small apartment after the divorce and the size didn't affect dd at all (she was close in age to yours). In fact when I ask about a bigger house she says she wants to stay in the small one.   I hide things anywhere I can. I have wrapping paper, art, and bags under the bed (it's only a few inches high), I hide things like my sewing box and extra blankets under the couch. I also use the area on top of my cupboards. Just gotta use every square inch of...
If you want a second opinion you could always call the police station and ask to speak to an officer and see how they handle reports. My state offers an informational report where they'll take the information down but it's just filed. Even outside of prosecution I would ask lawyers about what type of evidence the court accepts and whether there is any other way to document it in case you needed it (i.e., letter, polygraph, friends, etc.) The fact that you told some...
I have a love/hate relationship with Intuit (Turbotax) products. If you are used to doing the returns they can make it difficult to find what you're looking for and modify it.
I have the same problem here. To his credit he does go to places like Target and buy dd clothes but he's slow to take out of the rotation stuff that's too small. He also tends to put her in the stuff he doesn't want. For example the last time dd came home in size 24 months pants and a 3T top. She's a typically a 4T.