or Connect

Posts by ZoeyZoo

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll have to talk with XH about some of them.   I think chunking the week will be too hard for her at this age. Maybe we'll have to try two days at a house instead of ever other day (except weekends). I notice on the weekends after two days is when she seems to really miss the other parent.   I guess I was looking for some insight into stability in the schedule versus parenting time. I think she's more attached to me but both of...
Butterflymom - About the prenup... I don't think I would marry again without one. I felt the same way when I was about to marry XH. He actually had a lot more in assets than me. While we were married he lost most of his original assets due to a business failure and I kept going up in my career. By the time we divorced I have to pay him cs, alimony, half of my 401Ks, half of my separate property that we used for the house, etc. You never know what is going to happen and...
I agree with the PPs that it's his issue.   I've done payroll before and often times the CS orders have an amount for different types of pay periods. For example pay x amount for monthly payroll, pay y for bi-weekly, pay z for semi monthly etc. It could be that is making it look like more but at the end of the year it will balance out.
I agree it's better to wait if the divorce is still that upsetting to them. Having said that it sounds like he has his mind made up. If that is the case does he have to introduce her as a GF just yet? Why can't she be a good friend and later a GF?
I read through all your posts too and I feel like he probably a good man but you two are not on the same page for a relationship right now. Irrespective of the situation with his children, if he cannot work towards getting to a place to marry and that's what you want you are not on the same page. He is telling you that he cannot give you what you want. You need to listen to that.   Personally if it were me I would tell him I love him but feel we are not presently...
I have an XBF that tried that too who was verbally abusive. It was just a ploy to try to get back with me. He would sort through tactic after tactic trying to find one that would keep me around. From professing his love, presents, hateful words, ploys for friendship, etc. Please be careful and consider cutting him out of your life altogether.   I fully believe that people have to want to change due to internal reasons; not external ones. I agree with the pp in that...
I had this in SP but I'm not getting much feedback there so I thought I would cross post here.   DD is 3 and XH and I both have 50/50 custody. Originally dd had been trading off between us everyday so she saw us both everyday. We felt the switching of beds, routine, etc. was better for her than not seeing the other parent frequently.   A few months ago we started changing the schedule to EOW when before we were splitting the weekend. Initially she was fine but...
I don't know the laws in your state but the best thing to do would be to call some lawyers in your area. Most offer a free consultation. Learn your rights and what your courts offer. Many courts have a form to make a parent leave, ways to divide the debt, etc.
I think it sounds like you are doing things right too.   My dd is very young and I have never introduced a man as a boyfriend; only friends (which I expose her to both male and female friends anyways).   The closest thing I came in contact with in this situation is when we got a new dog and dd was jealous of the new dog because we had to do a lot to take care of him. We had other dogs previously but they were already there when she was born so she was never...
Thanks for the help mami!   I think as she gets older we will go with longer and longer schedules with one parent but she is only 3 right now. I don't know many people with such young children and the ones I do know the dad walked away when the children were babies. I've tried talking with her but she just tells me about how she wants to see us both which isn't possible right now. I'm open to being more involved with each others parenting for larger issues in time...