or Connect

Posts by KLPeanut

Jill Adams. I believe she covers St Pete.
Hi Nicole, Welcome to Gainesville. I know that there is an Attachment Parenting group in Gainesville. I think they have a yahoo group. Have you found Ward's Supermarket yet? It's a small family owned grocery store that has alot of local fruits and vegetables, bulk food, etc. There are also several farmer's markets in the area. If you google farmer's market, gainesville you should be able to find the list. There is a big one downtown every Wednesday afternoon. As...
We give our dogs dry food, raw meat and veggies. The veggies i chop up in my cuisinart and mix together. They get a scoop of that each day in their dry food. They get a piece of raw meat at night. Vet told us to give it to them at room temperature - something about it being easier on their digestion. They don't seem to care but my husband will sometimes nuke it in the microwave. I usually mix together parsley, broccolli, squash or zucchini, carrots, celery and...
The individual practices have to submit their info and keep it updated. Some of the information is out of date
You can also find tanks on ebay and then get them filled locally.
We tried all sorts of traps and none worked. We finally got poison and put it in the garage where we had seen them. This seemed to do the trick but you are stuck with the smell of dead mice for a bit. Also we got maggots and flies. Really gross. It seemed that we got another one and I didn't want to work with the poison again so I put dried peppermint in dishes all over my kitchen and that seems to be doing the trick. It seems to work better if it is fresh dried...
When did they change the rules? I belive that there is a birth center in Miami that is doing a VBAC study so they are being allowed to do them. Otherwise a home VBAC is legal in Florida as long as you can get a doctor to sign off on it. that is the catch but it can be done. If you have already had a successful VBAC your risk score is only 2 so you don't need a consult as long as you have no other risk factors. Please PM me this info as well as post it if you would so...
Does your insurance specifically say that it doesn't cover homebirths. Is it excluded? If not according to Title 45 Code of Federal Regulations if an insurance policy pays for maternity care they have to pay for homebirth. I'm trying to find out specifically how this works for a client of mine but this is the information that was passed on to me on MDC. Also is midwifery legal in your state? Good luck
BCBS Insurance - South Carolina I have a client who lives in Florida but has BCBS of South Carolina insurance. When I called them to verify her benefits I was told that home births weren't covered in her policy but nor were they excluded (a loop hole perhaps). I know in Florida that insurance companies have to pay for home births. Does anyone have any experience with insurance companies outside of Florida? And any suggestions for my clients. How can she fight...
I have a client who lives in Florida but has BCBS of South Carolina insurance. When I called them to verify her benefits I was told that home births weren't covered in her policy but nor were they excluded (a loop hole perhaps). I know in Florida that insurance companies have to pay for home births. Does anyone have any experience with insurance companies outside of Florida? And any suggestions for my clients. How can she fight this? Thanks