or Connect

Posts by Alki Mama

Contact Sesame Street  
Here's another update. Our new son was born in May (unexpectedly unassisted homebirth, hee) so is 7 months old.  DS1 is 4 and loves his baby brother. Like, totally adores him. To the point that I now wonder why I didn't have another one sooner, lol. He even keeps asking me when we can have a baby sister. :)   DS1 is still nursing, though I figured out early on I cannot stand tandeming where they're both on at once. Sends my aversion through the roof. But just in...
Lani of the Boobie Time blog started this awesome campaign. Sesame Street used to show videos that including breastfeeding, and they replaced them all in the '90s with solely bottle-feeding images. Lani's hoping to restore the balance.   Here's the link to the petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/bring-breastfeeding-back-to-sesame-street/   Here's her blogpost with the cool, old...
And I like Bella Luna as well (and I really do!).
I like you on FB! Yea!
@MunchiesMom, here's my experience right now with breastfeeding during pregnancy. I'm ~18-19 weeks and my milk dried up around 15 weeks, no colostrum yet. I was pretty bummed, but it hasn't stopped DS's nursing frequency. The problem is, I'm even more tender now that we're dry nursing, and it's very challenging for me to want to nurse when he asks. I also can no longer sleep through nursing, so any night nursing is done while I'm awake.   I've been thinking about...
Oh, and just in case it helps anyone else in this situation in the future, another thing we've been telling DS is that, if the milk is gone and he's still hungry and thirsty, he can have water or something else to drink, and a snack to eat. I'm trying to offer options in advance so he's not at a loss if/when nursing doesn't satisfy his hunger or thirst.
It has meant so much to me to read your kind words and similar experiences and feelings. I'm glad I'm not alone. DP and I sort of decided to stop worrying about TTC but not try to prevent, and during the two week wait, I suddenly had all these doubts that I'd done a horrible thing. So, of course, I'm pregnant. During the 2WW, someone posted to this thread but then removed it, or maybe it was a private message, saying that TTC would be selfish, and I felt pretty...
So I'm feeling conflicted and am hoping to gain some perspective and a little peace. I have one son, who's 3 years old, and nurses day and night. I had thought he'd have slowed down by this age, but no. I'm fine with this, but: DP and I have been thinking of having another baby. We were considering starting TTC next year, and then recently we were saying, Heck, why not right now? But I'm not sure if DS is ready for the weaning or the change in nursing that pregnancy...
Thanks so much for your encouragement! I don't know anyone else around here ECing, and my extended family has made fun of me for making more work for myself (as they put it). Sorry for the delay in responding -- I have trouble finding time that I have my hands and my brain free. But I've eagerly read all your posts and have been thinking about them a lot. I think a big part of what I need is just an attitude adjustment, and you've provided that, in a good way. I needed...