or Connect

Posts by HQ Fishkiller

Wow all of these suggestions are fabulous, I did try the whole time countdown prior to the tantrum but I don't think that she grasps the concept of time quite yet. She does love to count though, we count to ten together all the time, I will definitely incorporate that the next time we have to leave. I am also going to be far more creative in my offering of distraction the next time around, the wading pool @ the park is outside right next to the playground so we can get...
DD is just shy of 2 yo and recently she has begun throwing tantrums when its time to leave and she isn't ready too go. Yesterday we were at the wading pool and this is how it went when it was time to leave. Me, "It's time to go bye bye." DD, "No" Me, "Mo, its time to go, say bye bye." DD, "NO!" At this point I pick her up out of the pool and she begins kicking, screaming, crying. I snuggle her and tell her its ok we will come back but still crying and screaming...
23 mo first major grocery store meltdown happened today over the car cart. Was going to put her in the regular cart next to the car cart but ohhhh no that was not going to happen. I almost started laughing when she started screaming "Thank youuuu, vrooooom!!! Thank you, vroooooom!!!!" Just imagine the whiniest thank you ever, even when she's throwing a fit she's polite about it!
I get my DD dolls @ dollslikeme.com. They have a really good selection. They also sell books.
Dr. Dzubay is DD's ped and we absolutely love her too. She is very supportive of selective/no vax. Also I like the fact that she is of the tribe that mild bacterial infections don't always need antibiotics and that sometimes its ok to just wait and see if DD's body can clear it on her own. Always very professional and has a great bedside manner with DD and me and will answer any questions I may have without getting the feeling that she is trying to rush.
I have to agree with beansmama I live in the river rd. area too and I love it. The name is Emerald Park and they have a full playground, an outdoor wading pool, an indoor pool, two hot tubs, and a sauna. They also have a rec center with all sorts of cool classes and events for people of all ages.
I think my 23 mo DD has a cold sore. We were just in to the ped last week for a high fever that was caused by a sinus/ear infection. I am beginning to wonder now if maybe the fever could have been caused by the herpes virus because I have read that sometimes with the initial outbreak a high fever happens. I am pretty sure it is a cold sore and I am pretty sure I gave it to her. About a week ago thinking back I thought I was getting a cold sore but it was really mild...
DD has food allergies and I have kind of been expecting her to have some pollen allergies this spring. Her allergist ok'd the use of zyrtec for seasonal allergies at 18 mo checkup. She sees an allergist for food allergies and asthma. Her asthma is viral induced she has never had asthma symptoms from allergies. We live in a valley where it is one of the worst places in the west for seasonal pollen allergies, and yesterday tree pollen was so high my eyes and nose were...
Hey mamas I grew up in Bandon. I don't recommend the "Wild" Animal Park, although it has been many many years since I went there. While I do not think that they neglect or treat their animals poorly, the size of their habitats leave a lot to be desired. You will see a lot of wild animals pacing which is very very sad to watch. Instead I recommend looking up Free Flight Marine Animal Rehabilitation http://www.freeflightwildlife.org/index.htm they offer tours of the...
My DD at 19 months sings the tune but only says the vowels, but I think its pretty normal. She knows that letters represent sounds but not what the sounds are supposed to be. She "reads" by looking at her board books, following along with her finger and speaking in her quite articulate baby babble.