or Connect

Posts by Lucysmama

Off the top of my head: 1) Maybe you geared up to ovulate, but didn't - either you will, you did two days late, or this will be anovulatory. Hard to say for sure until the cycle is over and you see how long your luteal phase was. 2) You released a small amount of blood when you ovulated (when the egg is released) and it irritated your reproductive track, causing some cramping after ovulation 3) It's unrelated to ovulation and some other type of cramping 4)...
If it weren't for drunk conceptions, I don't think the Earth would have 7 billion people.  
The baby will come out drunk.   I'm kidding, I think you guys will be just fine.
I know I *can* do it with the meds - as in, people do. And people who take WAY more than I do. I currently take about 15 mg of vicodin a day, which is not very much. I've been able to keep it at that level for over a year. I'm sure I can work with my doctors (primary, pain, and OB) to come up with a workable plan. With complimentary medicine, I may be able to keep it to 10 mg per day, but I doubt I could get it lower. It's possible I could taper and forgo the medication...
A little background...I have two kids, and had a set of surrogate twins.  I haven't posted here in a long time. But I need some advice from smart and educated women. I currently have a brain disorder (for which I had brain surgery last year) and several spinal cysts. This causes me daily pain, sometimes debilitating pain, as well as a whole other slew of issues. My husband and I have been wanting another child, but we were kind of waiting to see if my neuro issues were...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lohagrace I think the long and the short of it is that everyone is different. As IamPink said, you can never know what the child will or wont feel. We all know (or know of) people who have and raise their bio children who really shouldn't... how unfair it is that the least worthy people seem to have child after child and raise them to be the most screwed up people in the world. We also know people who were adopted who have no...
I am a surrogate too, feel free to PM me with questions. I had twins for my friends last summer. I didn't use my eggs, though. You may want to consider joining and posting questions on surromomsonline.com, as another poster suggested - it is a wealth of information. Good luck to you!
Quote: Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic I might start exclusively pumping. Right now i'm doing it half the time. My baby keeps popping off over and over again. She didn't do this in the beginning but started doing it a week ago. She's about 4 weeks old now. Breastfeeding is just stressing me out, not to mention painful. She started pulling back and twisting her head while feeding. I don't know why she does it... but it really hurts! I'm even making...
I get very worried and upset when my supply is not good. I try not to watch the bottles at all when I pump, because if I stress too much I don't get a good letdown. I have to totally zone out to get my max output. I am kinda freaking out! I didn't know it was going to take SO long for the Dom I ordered to get here! I am definitely going to run out. Should I try to space out the dosage??? Or just hope my supply doesn't plummet too bad when I run out? Does anyone have any...
Just checking in again! About a week and a half ago I had a nasty dip in supply - from 4-5oz per session down to only 2-3oz! I was frantically trying everything trying to get it back up to no avail. A local mama gave me some Domperidone to try, and after 2 days on it, it seems to be working! I pumped 38 oz today compared to the 24 I was getting last week. (And I was only getting 24 by staying on the pump like ALL day.) It's still not enough, though - the twins are eating...