or Connect

Posts by rrs

Hi all!  My husband and I are trying to conceive our 4th baby, and my chart has me confused!  Admittedly, I have not been as good as I should be with taking my temperatures, but I do see a bi of a pattern.  I'm looking for any opinions or comments.     I am night nursing our 14 month old still, anywhere between 2-6 times a night.  She eats very little in terms of solids, andthe period on the chart is my first postpartum period.     Let me know if there any...
We have two little boys and I am pregnant with our third child, a girl, now.  Before we knew the sex of the baby, people would always say that they hoped it was a girl, some more strongly than others.  I started replying that "I would be thrilled either way and that it is nice to live in a house full of boys that worship me."  Must people got the hint and dropped it, but I would have a few that would challenge me still.     I get a lot of "Oh thank goodness it's a...
I don't have anything with an exact time quote, but the American Academy of Pediatrics' Policy Statement on Breastfeeding states that "The alert, healthy newborn infant is capable of latching on to a breast without specific assistance within the first hour after birth. Dry the infant, assign Apgar scores, and perform the initial physical assessment while the infant is with the mother. The mother is an optimal heat source for the infant. Delay weighing, measuring,...
    How old is/was your nursling when you got a BFP?  Carter (DS1) was 15.5 months old, Holden was almost 14 months. How often were you nursing when you conceived and implanted? Both times I conceived, I was nursing each one on-demand.  Carter ate very little in terms of solids when we conceived Holden, and Holden was nursing exclusively when we conceived Harper.  I had just finished nursing Carter 1 month before we conceived Harper (I was tandem nursing)....
I've actually experienced the opposite.  Our pediatrician is thrilled we're having a home birth with a midwife.  Furthermore, I'm in nursing school, and every single professor that I've spoken to about my plans has been SO supportive.  The same is true of anyone I've discussed my plans with in my clinicals.     In fact last week, one of my clinical instructors asked where I was having the baby.  I replied, "Home," to which she said, "No I meant which hospital," and I...
1st 40+5 (barely, had him in the morning after laboring all night before) 2nd 40+6 (almost 41, had him just before midnight after laboring ALL day and much of the night before)
I need some advice on reducing my 17-month-old’s night nursing. Between 01:00 (when I went to bed) and 06:00 (when I got up) this morning, he woke 4 times to nurse. I would estimate that he nursed for 20-30 minutes each of those times. I try to sleep through the nursing but it is vain; I’m just at the point in my pregnancy where I CAN’T. This nursing pattern is pretty typical, since my return to school.   I know there are some compounding factors: I am in a very...
The hospital where I had the boys didn't have a squat bar when I had Carter (but did when I had Holden).     For Carter, I wanted to squat, so they raised the head of the bed completely vertical (90* to the floor, like the back of a chair) and broke down the end of bed.  I faced the head of the bed, held on to the bed rails, and squated.  Easy access for my care providers, comfortable for me.     Ironically, I didn't want to squat with Holden.  I just wanted to...
My boys are 24 months (and 4 days!) apart.  I tandem nursed for a year.   I planned to tandem nurse.  It was important to me that my oldest nurse for as long as he wanted.  He said he wanted to be done nursing at three, and he stopped the day after his third birthday.     I had some serious aversions to nursing while pregnant and to nursing him after the baby, but I just gritted my teeth and kept on going.  While there were times of significant discomfort, I do...
I did Disney World at 34 weeks and 37 weeks in my last pregnancy (we had a birthday pass for me and a birthday pass for my mom). My oldest son was 22 months and 23 months, respectively. We had a BLAST. I was tired at the end of the day, but it was totally worth it. This was September and October in Florida, so it was definitely warm. I was a teeny bit swollen at the end of the day, but nothing terrible.