or Connect

Posts by clovergirl

You may want to check out Birth Partners, if you haven't already.  They have a bunch of doulas who work for them (all over the state) on staff and will match you up with someone who fits your wants/needs.  http://birthpartnersdoulas.com/  
Bottombumpers are an AIO that the interior is made of organic cotton and topped with bamboo velour. Swadleebees makes the Econappi, which is a pocket lined with organic cotton velour and it comes with a hemp/cotton insert I believe. The Grovia line has their AIO and the All-in-Two (snap in insert) that have organic cotton options. Oh, and BumGenius has the Elemental which is an AIO with an organic cotton inner.   There's more, I'm sure, but that was just off...
If it's going to be hot and she's going to want to use it with a newborn, I'd not recommend the Ergo either.  A Beco Butterfly or a Boba 3G would be a better option.  A Beco Gemini would be awesome too, I actually prefer it to the Beco Butterfly for newborns (it's a little easier to use), but is a smidge hotter (the body is padded).  I was personally not a huge fan of the Pikkolo but lots of people like them for newborns/young infants.   Hope that helps!
At that age, the only carrier I'd recommend for a (high) back carry would be a woven wrap.  Or maybe a mei tai, but you would have to find one that your DD would fit in with her legs out of the body/seat.  A woven wrap will give you a lot of back carry options, but honestly, it can be the trickiest carrier to get a hang of, especially for back carries.  I like to say you have to really want it, if you know what I mean!  It's usually well worth the effort for most people...
Manchester OB/GYN has a few midwives, I think, and they deliver at Manchester Memorial.  I'm not sure if you can choose to see just the midwives or if you get who you get though.   You may want to check out Circle for Life Midwifery, they deliver at St. Vincent's in Bridgeport (which is opening a new "Childbirth Pavilion" in September.  Might be the same amount of driving time for you though!  I'm not sure if they do water births but it's worth a call... one of the...
One of my best friends pushed for about that long, I think it was 8hrs, with her first baby (hospital birth).  She has since gone on to have 3 more children, 2 at home, and had "normal" pushing phases with the rest. 
As the previous poster said, you could try to see if just using the pillow part of the H2H insert works.  Even though your DS is big for his age, it's likely that he won't start fitting well into the body/seat of the Ergo until 4mo or so.  You can play around with trying to make some modifications, but in my experience most soft structured carriers like the Ergo are best suited to babies 4-6mo and up.  Sometimes you can "make it work" with a newborn by using an insert or...
Cloth Diaper Sale & Swap Meet Date: Saturday June 2nd from 10am-12pm Location: New Britain Family Wellness Center (85 Lafayette St., New Britain CT) Bring your gently used (clean!) cloth diapers to sell or swap, or just come to buy! All transactions are between buyers and sellers. Cash is usually the preferred method of payment though some people may take personal checks. Feel free to bring other small baby gear items as well (slings/carriers, buntings,...
If you let me know who you need contact info for I can get it for you.  Also, if you are on Facebook you may want to join these two groups and ask there too... Midwifery in CT https://www.facebook.com/groups/199325316753212/ United Families for Midwifery Care CT https://www.facebook.com/groups/90072133235/   Circle for Life Midwifery may be worth a call if you don't think it's to far (they deliver at St. Vincent's in Bridgeport).  Birth&Beyond is only doing homebirths...
Since you are in Danbury, have you considered contacting some homebirth midwives in New York?  You could cross-post in the New York/New Jersey/Pennsylvania forum for suggestions there too.   Most of the homebirth midwives who do HBACs in CT are pretty far from you... Joni Stone, Kim Cash, and Nancy Farr would be my top 3 recommendations; Joni is the closest to you and she is in the New Haven area, Kim and Nancy are up in the northeast corner. Good luck in your search,...