or Connect

Posts by mom2liv

Okay, another one who hasn't checked in for about 10 months here. : Yikes! Life has just gotten away from me, but I miss our DDC and do try to read to catch up when I can. Happy birthday to all our little ones! Man, can't believe how time has flown! Quick catch-up on us: We had a birthday party for Eden yesterday (her birthday was Christmas day). I cannot believe it's been a year. Eden has been walking since 9 1/2 months, so she now RUNNING and keeps me very...
Thanks for the hugs and encouragement. Well, apparently our little confrontation was not meant to be last night. After dinner I took the girls for a walk in our neighborhood, dd #1 walking and dd#2 in the beco on my back. (I was planning to have my talk with dh after I put dd1 to bed.) We live in a quiet neighborhood in a fairly rural area with no sidewalks, and when I heard a car coming behind us I instructed dd#1 to stay to the side of the road and turned around to...
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. You have no idea how much it means! Things have gotten worse in the last few days and I am planning on leaving. I intend to talk to him tonight. I'm very nervous, as we've been through this before (he's had substance abuse issues in the past that almost drove us apart) and he has a very bad temper. He's not physical, but verbally devastating and I hate for the girls to hear any of that. I'm nervous. (And I am not nearly...
I just traveled with dd#2 last week and we decided to forego the stroller. I just wore her in the beco. Worked great!
This show makes me CRAZY! I agree, they seem nice, but man--intervention after intervention, induction after induction. And the reasons they give---aaaaaauuuuuurrrrgggghhhh!!!!!! Reminds me why I didn't go to an OB. I actually find myself feeling bad for the women who are patients. I want to run into the TV screen and say "Wait! There's more you should know and consider here!" And I saw that one with the supplementing advice. Jeesh. It just makes me sad. I think...
Okay, I can't seem to stop crying and I'm reaching out to you ladies because I don't know what else to do. I think I'm just really, really overwhelmed and exhausted. As you know from my previous posts, I work. And while at one point in my life my career was a priority for me and I've always worked very hard and done well in that area of my life, it's not a priority for me anymore and I would much, MUCH rather spend the day with my girls. The problem is that my husband...
Quote: Originally Posted by wholewheatmama Here's[/URL] my birthday girl! Lynn, Iris is GORGEOUS! How cool about the party
Hi Mamas, Okay, here's my monthly "I swear I will find a way to keep up this month!" I have the best of intentions, I really do. Quick check in: Not sure how much Eden weighs but she definitely has not doubled her humongous birth weight of 9lbs 14 oz. She is very long, though, and is the absolute light of our world. She is so, SO smiley. I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a smiley baby. DD #1 did not smile this much. Anyway, it's awesome. I just can't...
Mine have both slept pretty much exclusively on their tummy from the time they could lift their heads. : It was the only way either of them would sleep.
Quote: Originally Posted by wife&mommy Well she was 18lb 3oz and 26.5 inches at our appointment. This meaning we needed a new carseat since the limit on the one we had was 26 inches! We got the Boulevard today and installed it. She still looks little for that huge thing! I can't imagine a really tiny baby in there although I know its fine. Just such a big seat! Wow, I didn't even think about this. Eden was 26 1/2 inches at her last...