or Connect

Posts by steph117

I'm bumping this old thread just in case the homebirth cesarean project hasn't already been pushed in other more recent threads.  It's really a fantastic resource.  
Thanks very much, all!  It did clear up with air, and a little bit of virgin coconut oil.     Rachel - could you clarify what you mean, paste of probiotics - literally, just a paste made out of probiotic powder?
Hi all,  DS has had a pinkish-to-reddish tip before, but it comes and goes so I never thought much of it.  But today right around the tip his foreskin looks pretty irritated, redder than usual and when I first looked there seemed to be a tiny bit of skin almost flaking off (gone now).  It doesn't seem to bother DS at all, it doesn't hurt him to pee (we EC part-time, and he never cries while peeing) and his pee looks normal, but still, it concerned me.  Granted, yesterday...
THANK YOU FOR THIS.   i just had my SECOND homebirth cesarean, argh (what would that be called?  a homebirth vbac cesarean?) so this is a great resource for me...
Hi all,   Expecting my new LO within a week or so - I found a postpartum doula who is willing to do a cut-rate since this is her slow season, but even so, I will likely want more help than we can afford to get from her, so in addition to the help I hope to get from her, I'm looking to see if anyone knows any doulas who are in the process of certifying and willing to work quite inexpensively?  If so please let me know ASAP - thank you!   Stephanie
You don't know me since I'm sort of new to this due date club (have been checking in v periodically) but wanted to say CONGRATS and what a love and what a wonderful story - I'm hoping for a VBAC myself in the next few days and your post made my heart sing!  Enjoy your babymoon :D
Hi garancew!  Congrats on your pregnancy :)  We ended up not having a homebirth with Memaniye after all, so I can't offer thorough feedback (rather not go into it, but rest assured, it had nothing whatsoever to do with Memaniye, she was great).  I would suggest checking in with the other posters on the thread who used her.  Another friend of mine totally loved Memaniye at her very long birth, and her description of Memaniye's calm and supportive bedside manner helped me...
Glad to see this thread.  I'm new here (hi, late to the game, haha due dec 7) and as of last night ugh nausea and little pains everywhere -ribs, groin, hips - those little feet get everywhere, don't they!  Not 100% sure this isn't a virus - i'm kind of hoping it is because I don't want another 2.5 weeks of this yuck.  I was lucky enough to avoid morning sickness the first trimester and would rather not start now :)  and these eggy burps - YUCK.  all i've eaten today is...
You know what helped SO much?  A combination of craniosacral and mayan abdominal massage the other day - AWESOME.  Have barely had a twinge since!  Thank goodness...
Thanks -it's not so bad and yes, already mentioned to MW who said there's basically nothing to do about it.  After I posted I discovered that arnica ointment seems to help quite a bit so I've been using that.  Not perfect, but it's something! Thanks! :)