or Connect

Posts by AlmostAPpropriate

Well, we may be moving to Ft.Worth.  My mother in law lives in the Crowley ISD and all the public schools there have terrible ratings.  The only nearby school with a great rating is in Benbrook, TX   about 20 mins away.   Anyone live there, have any comments.  I drove thru it and it seemed like an older area, a little shabby but clean and calm.  I was afraid that it was going to be a very high end area with million dollar homes way out of my $1000/mo lease range.  Just...
Thank you for the links.  Are there any activities, excercises we can do at home to help him build the ability to focus or does it all hinge on medication/supplements?
Oh, I just hate to even think that is his problem.  He does well if someone work with him one on one.. it's the class setting he has trouble with.  Oh, how i wish we could homeschool... BUT I've got to work with what I have.    Is 1st grade too early to dianse ADD?  His teacher has stressed to us that he is not a behavioral problem, he doesnt act out in class or get rowdy.  He just doesnt focus on the task at hand.
My son is struggling in first grade.  He will be 7 in April.  His teacher called us in for a conference because J cant get his class work done.  He rarely finishes an assignment.  Teacher is concerned with his ability to focus and his daydreaming.   On Friday’s he brings home half finished worksheets and grades of 48, 59, 62, etc… rarely anything north of 80.  We have started a “Communication Notebook” where she tells us each day how he did.  The idea is to create...
Im trying to do some research into possible long term effects of a sedative given to my sister as an infant. As the family lore goes, she wouldnt sleep for days until the Dr. gave her a Rx for a sedative - she slept for 2 days straight. Mom says it may have been Thor...something. Anyone know? Xpost Parenting
Im trying to do some research into possible long term effects of a sedative given to my sister as an infant. As the family lore goes, she wouldnt sleep for days until the Dr. gave her a Rx for a sedative - she slept for 2 days straight. Mom says it may have been Thor...something. Anyone know? Xpost Parenting
My 3 yo dd engages in constant imaginative play. She uses her stuffed animals, her fingers as puppets, invisible friends, etc... She has conversations, guides them around, at home, in the car, anywhere. it's that constant. it's pretty much become background noise ... She will happily include you in the game assigning you a name and a role to play. Often you will call her name and she'll say "no, Im kitty" and you have to call "here kitty kitty". She loves to be a...
Maybe so though we havent had any "accidents". Ugh, this is one of the reasons Im going on the pill. I never know when to expect my period so I never know if Im late. It does seem weird that AF is so long in returning. DD turned 3 in August. And we've been very limited nursers since then up until last weeks weaning.
(icky details included) Hi. Im really beginning to worry about my situation. Since DD birth 08/2006 my period has been very irregular. I didnt worry about it because we nurse. I had periods in Feb and March 09. Skipped seven months until Oct and didnt worry because DD was still nursing though rarely. My period started 18 days ago on Thurs. Yay, because having decided we arent having another I wanted to start birth control. Weaned DD from her 1xday nursing 10...
My DD, 3, has developed an aversion to clothing that is "itchy". To her itchy is anything with rough texture, confining/tight fit, or bulky seams. She is rejecting most of her clothes and refuses to wear any long sleeved shirts. The clothes she has now are all regular Walmart/Old Navy stuff. She was given a buch of LS shirts but they all have fitted sleeves and she wont put them on. Someone recommended Hanna Anderson and they look perfect but I absolutely cant do...