or Connect

Posts by ombra*luna

Hi ~ I introduced myself in another thread I totally agree with everyone who said just to write straight through, without stopping to revise. That's the only way I can move on, even to a second page. I'm capable of revising endlessly. My rule is that I don't even allow myself to read anything until the whole thing is done. When I open the document, I have to go right to the end, can only glance up at the previous page to see where I left off, at the most. Recently...
Wow! This forum looks like it's home to a very productive group of writers! Mind if I join you - I could use some of that that's going around here! I'm about half to two-thirds of the way through the first draft of what will soon be my first novel. It also has a sequel already, waiting patiently in line for me to write it next. I'm excited about these books, even though (of course) it's taking much longer than I thought it would to actually get them...
You lucky duck!
Quote: Originally Posted by inkedmamajama (just nibbled on a sesame crepe-more trader joes goodies) Sadly, our nearest trader joe's is two hours away. Not enough people living in the area to make it worth their while. I like to stock up whenever we get to one! Yum! I made pasta salad last night with chick peas, artichokes, olives etc. and had most of the leftovers for lunch today. It was edible.
I really wish we didn't miss the prickly pear party yesterday, it sounds like you guys had a great time! We're on a later schedule than everyone else evidently, and by the time we worked out all the little glitches (no shower in the campground we stayed at Wednesday night, etc.) it was too late to come. We took our second unexpected detour thru Tucson Mountain Park yesterday. Wow! It occurred to me that Dr. Seuss must have grown up in this area (although research...
We're leaving this RV camp in a few minutes, and would like to find another one that accepts kids, and is either centrally located (as in walking) or in a beautiful natural location that isn't too remote. I'm tired of driving around in this thing & should get a car. This is bad!! I need to sell it while there's still anything left on the right side. I've already removed the stairs and a window, it's not a good match for me.
Hm, I don't see my post from last night anywhere. The computer must have eaten it somehow? Anyway - we've been here a couple of days and we're loving it, what a great home this will be for our family! I haven't been feeling this good in a long time. : I'm just enchanted, honestly. I was here years ago but I didn't notice it as a potential home, due to other things that were going on in my life at the time. I've been stalking houses for sale & rentals on...
Thanks for the nice welcome messages! We made it to New Mexico today, but barely - the truck was struggling to climb the Raton pass @ 30mph. I was afraid it was the transmission. But the weigh station people at the top of the pass helped me find a repair shop nearby. I looked at the clock as we chugged into the place - 5:00 on Friday, I had to laugh at the timing! All the same, the mechanic was kind, checked this & that, took us for a test ride and diagnosed it as...
Hi everybody, it's nice to see such an active group of mdc moms in my new hometown! I didn't get time to read through all the replies, although I did see photos of some very beautiful babies. Does anybody here have older children? My sons are 16 and 8 (and I have a 19yo dd who goes to college in NY & is only with us during vacations). We are actually on the way to Tucson right now to have a look around. I was fortunate to sell my house in NY, despite its...