or Connect

Posts by ombra*luna

Here's a link to a schedule of 4th of July events from the (sort of) local paper: http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles...5412557317.txt Have fun!
Saugerties has a 4th of July parade around noonish, I think, and then fireworks at Cantine Field when it gets dark. There's also a sort of carnival set-up there. Mohonk Mountain House does fireworks on the 4th too, I think, but I'm not sure if that's open to the public. There's a place at the top of Rt. 214 in Hunter that has been having fireworks for the past few years too. Kingston probably has something going on too. Woodstock's fireworks display isn't until...
So - despite a lifetime of leaving things to the last minute and then pulling everything together, against all odds, as the clock ticks down - I have a lot to do in a short time. The closing will be in around two weeks, possibly three. The house is 3br, 1.5ba, plus an accessory apartment, basement, garage, yard, etc. and I have been living in it with my kids for 13 years. We have a lot of stuff. The past few years were crazy crazy, and I don't even know what all...
[QUOTE=meemee;13960746] my dd is almost 7 and it works for us. her dad is v. v. strict and she needs a place to vent. i consider it an honour when she behaves badly at my place. i dont see it as bad behaviour but just a way of venting in a respectful manner. QUOTE] [my bold] Thank you for this reminder! What a very nice way to say it.
Hmmm... I only read the first page or so yet & it keeps getting longer too... But when I saw the title, it didn't make me think of people having to change their plans regarding parenting after they have personal experience with their own actual children. However I do totally agree that one "couldn't possibly understand" what it's like to be a parent until becoming one. For me, the birth of my daughter (my first child) was the most transformative moment of my life, I...
I'm sure Kingston is very nice, it has its good points. Totally not my style at all though. That's where you can find a lot of the jobs in the area, but there are several much nicer places to live (IMO) only a short drive away. I don't mind living *near* Kingston & even going there once in a while, but I personally would never live *in* Kingston (unless there were truly no other option).
I know quite a few people who have changed their first names though I haven't done it myself (but I'm a Gemini, so I'm not ruling it out completely either). They've all done it for different reasons, at different ages, some change it to a nickname or a close variation of their birth name, some change to something completely different. Sometimes the new name is part of of a significant life transformation, a result of spiritual and personal seeking and growth. ...
"Thank you" or "I like her" And move on . . .
Personally I just love windchimes, but probably wouldn't be too keen on having any more as a gift right now, or it would just become more of a cacophony around here.. . Also I def. won't be receiving any wedding gifts again this lifetime, so won't have to worry about that anyhow. But ... not to hijack the thread, sorry ... I do like Woodstock Chimes (the products)... but last year I bought one as a hostess gift for someone in Europe (wanting to get her something...
2017 = the year I will turn 60