or Connect

Posts by cinnamonamon

I'm so glad it worked out!  We had the exact same situation, it sounds like!  I'm glad the GV is working -- I had to do the nystatin when we had it, because I couldn't find any GV where we lived then.  Give your baby a squish for me -- mine are all big now!  
I had something similar happen when my oldest was a babe...turned out we had a (largely asymptomatic) thrush infection -- I think the walking & bouncing was the distraction he needed to eat through the pain.  I only figured it out when it got bad enough that he finally got the white tongue/cheeks...
Not sure if you've already moved or not...but I wanted to add that Haslett might be a good choice for you, if your dh is working in Okemos. It's a stone's throw from there, and less than 10 minutes to East Lansing. It has a small elementary, middle & high school, some parks, etc. You could probably find a walking friendly house in town....and it occurs to me that there used to be a farmers market behind the mall in the summer...that would be a bit of a jaunt (though...
and thanks for listening...i cant really complain about this much irl, as i dont know many extended nursers, so i can see that a part of them really just think i'm ridiculous for nursing this long
ugh. forgive the drama, but i am so done, i don't know what to do. my 2 1/2 year old has started nursing more & more & more in the last 6 months. it got to the point where he was nursing from 2am until we got up in the morning. on & off, but mostly on -- he would wake whenever i woke enough to unlatch him. i stopped eating dairy completely, again (he's allergic & has varying degrees of reaction when i eat it, but it's usually questionable), just to be sure he...
well they aren't peds, they family practice (which imo is better!) but try dr. kozlowski -- father & daughter. he was my doc growing up, his wife is one of the founders of the greenhouse birth center & assisted at my youngest son's birth (vba2c!), and his daughters are familiar with alternative meds, etc. he is an osteopath. i hear great things about his daughter - my sisters go to her/them (i'm not in that area anymore, or i would too!) and they do take medicaid.
Yup. She also uses her bike or public transportation as much as possible, and she is part of a CSA -- at least during the warm months -- for much of her food. I think she might be a vegetarian, as well -- but don't quote me on that! I'm a YH lover, lol.
that's hilarious! my oldest would often try to entice me visit the park by telling me I could "take my knittin' too."
The PP had some good ideas. My fav would probably be to let her go in her pj's if she won't dress herself -- that's the best short term solution I can see. In all honesty, we've held them down a few times (think diaper changes!), I don't think you'll see much lasting damage from a 1 time occurrance. I'm really laid back about clothes, though. Could you dress her in her "street" clothes the night before? There's no law about having to wear pj's... I actually...
So glad you found someone you're comfortable with. If I were you I would read through the vbac forums a bit to find some questions to ask the dr. so you don't end up with any nasty surprises. A few that come to mind: 1. do you insist on inducing? 2. how far past my due date do you "allow?" 3. what is your opinion on size of baby w/regard to safety of delivery (i.e., is he going to tell you your baby is 8 lbs. and that you have to induce "now."). 4. can you move around...