or Connect

Posts by cinnamonamon

Quote: Originally Posted by didkisa what the heck you do for a one-year-old's party, worrying about the cake (I haven't made one in probably 10 years!!), the silliness of even throwing the party in the first place, getting our house clean and presentable, baby/childproofing our house, and getting it all done in time! AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!: So far I'm planning to make a carrot cake in the shape of a bunny (should I do cupcakes, too??)...
I do this (on the infrequent occasions when the bucket leaves the truck) to protect him from wind/sun/distractions. When he was little & sleepy/sleeping, I'd keep a light blanket over him (over the handle) because if he opened his eyes he'd see "nothing" & go back to sleep. It would freak me out to see a tiny baby with a blanket full on his face like that, though. Even though you would probably see/hear baby flailing if they were suffocating. As long as the baby...
Quote: Originally Posted by LaurenB We were also told this when we got our car seat installation checked. But it still makes me feel weird when people look at me crooked. I guess I'm too new at this to be used to it. I used to talk to my baby about why I did "weird" things when I thought people were looking at me funny. I.e., "lets keep you nice & warm w/ this blankie, sweetie, then we'll pop you in your car seat put the blanket on top -- we...
I would send it to me! Perhaps an unoriginal hat? You'd have to hold the yarn double, probably... That is some YUMMY yarn -- congrats!
Different stitch patterns are a must for baby blankets -- And I think a slightly tighter knit will help with the too-drapey problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by minkajane Kids shouldn't wear coats (especially the puffy kind) in car seats because if there was a wreck, the coat would compress and the kid would move forward and it could cause more injury. I see so many babies in stores sitting in baby buckets wearing big puffy coats, with the chest buckle down at the bottom and the straps falling off their shoulders. It makes me want to SCREAM. They might as well not even use a...
Gorgeous, gorgeous!! (And so are the clothes ). I think ou're probably right...those 9lb babies mess up all the "newborn" sizing... shoot, my 8 lb 4 oz ds2 messed up my plans of newborn outfits! My friend is given to 9-11 lb babies & just laughs at the clothes I collected for my babys newborn period. Hop e you get a bit more out of them w/ some blocking!
Wow, gorgeous! Ooohhh, beautiful squishy baby...give him a squeeze for me, kay?
Very cute! I think of opal as string, too, but comfortable & long-lasting string!