or Connect

Posts by cinnamonamon

IKWYM -- that's the biggest reason I haven't knit myself a sweater yet, too. But I have started knitting myself socks! Lovely slipper socks & delicate lace socks -- I smile everytime I see them poking out from the cuffs of my dh's hand-me-down pants (because I don't want to buy pants in my size, of course! ). When it comes to kids -- well, knit it a little big! My ds1 was in size 2T forever! He can still wear 3T stuff now (at almost 5 yrs old), but he's solidly in...
Gorgeous color! I *love* blue & gray together that way! Happy babymoon (to be! ).
There is a pattern somewhere on the knittingpatterncentral.com I made a set for my mom & her beau Christmas '06. It's basically 2 mitten cuffs, then join them to be one big sack. I striped the courting mitten (or lovers mitten, as I think the pattern I used was called) with coral & brown, then did a mitten for each of their other hands -- one coral w/ brown accents & one brown w/ coral accents. They were way cute! I found a pic...I'll edit this with a link to my...
So pretty!! I love seeing vibrant colors on babies!
No worries, Jo -- I've btdt too. I remember when it finally dinged in my head that the only time I wanted to *punish* my child/baby was when *I* was mad. That was a big ah-ha! moment for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by paisley Thanks for love and good to see you too! Which of your boys have allergies/sensitivities? Oh, it's the baby with the allergies...I remember saying "gee, I'm so glad my kids weren't given to more than a little dairy sensitivity; it would be so hard dealing with allergies!" And I was right -- and they're still pretty mild, comparatively speaking. Now, of course, Spencer just broke out in a yeast rash ...
I'm so happy things are working out for you! You did the right thing getting out before things got worse. (And boy does Canada sound like they have their act together!)
Good to see you paisley! No advice on the allergy thing, really; just commiseration. My doctor did mention that at this age our dc are still in the "might grow out of it" stage -- at least with my ds's allergies/sensitivities: dairy, egg & soy.
Quote: Originally Posted by jo15 Carolynn, I didn't pay attention earlier and only now noticed you are a knitter. So, do you have a page on Ravelry? Besides being a mommy and housewife, all I do these days is knit. It's the best. You can put it down quickly and pick it up quickly. Which is key, when you have a babe. nak absolutely - its the same username. knitting is so relaxing...although i let myself make too many commitments with it --...