or Connect

Posts by Girlsmama

I have read this thread a few times over in the past few days, and i cant help but tear up at all the support and love it get from all of you mamas! It means so much! IFluffedthree- I'm so sorry for your loss, i am glad to hear that you are taking care of your self! Hugs to you.. Thank you all so much again...............
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 A couple things I've seen recommended on large family forums are to schedule a "date night" with each child, taking out one of them a week. Another idea is to set aside a few minutes at bedtime to talk with 2 or 3 of them (individually, but 2 or 3 a night). I have heard that a few times, and every girl has two months of the year (that they pick out on New Years Day) and they get to choose a day in thier...
The past few months have been brutal for me, well actually this whole year has been, my husband committed suicide in January. Then in feburary, my six year old got extremly sick and was in the hospital for almost 4 weeks. Which then put our family on a tight rope, with finaces, whereas before we would have been okay for maybe 5-6 more months. I had to get a job back at my old office as a dental hygenist, which then resulted in sending all of my kids in daycare and...
The summer for my family, has been a flurry of activies! I was so excited about relaxing today, as it was the first day of school for five of my kids. : But after dropping them all off at school, and coming home with my 2 year old DD, and playing with her all day and devoting 6 hours to just her, after she went down for a nap, i started feeling almost guilty for having so many kids. wonder if i did harm to my oldest daughter by having more kids so quickly after her,...
oh crittersmom, i go there daily with two of my dds....but so happy for you that you can get time alone!
I can understand what all of you all are saying and i thank you for the insight!So much! My sister has decided to watch his kids..since they are all on good terms and its right for them! Thanks again for the insight and advice!
Okay i have a question to ask of everyone, my sister's ex asked her to watch his kids (with his new wife), he and his wife have to go out of town and she was their last hope for babysitting, now my sister and X have a good relationship they are friends and for the most part so are she and his wife, her DH gets along with them also. They have a daughter together and then he has four other kids with his new wife, (and she and her DH have two) Its a lot of kids yes but my...
Quote: Originally Posted by homewithtwinsmama Praise the Lord that he showered the with love before he left and didn't take them with him as so many fathers do when they get that low. This is so sad, but it could have been so much worse if they had been there or if you still loved together and YOU were the one who found him with the girls. Thank goodness you were all spared that. I thank God everyday for that, i can't imagine life without my...
It has been 2 1/2 weeks since he died, i really feel like writing this all will help me....... January 9th we met up halfway between his new house, and my house so we could trade the girls. He had had them for a whole week for his visitation I was so happy to get them back but was really happy because they were all so happy. He had done so much with them all these fun things not a one of the girls could keep a smile off her face. I was so excited for them feeling like...
They came in late last night and i am soo glad to have them home, it truly was one of the hardest things i have ever done. The time to myself was nice but i'm so glad to back to my stressful chaotic life! Thanks for all the nice words of support and sympathy