or Connect

Posts by finnegansmom

Hi!  Congrats!   Yes, I just turned 42 last week.  I had #4 when I was 4 days away from turning 41 and it was a super easy pregnancy.  #3 I had when I was 39.  My 4th pregnancy was much easier than #3.   I'm only 4 weeks, maybe even barely so, and I feel totally fine right now.  I'm actually still in shock.  Oh and my husband was also planning the "big V" and totally got cold feet at his appt in August.
Hi.  I cannot believe I'm ever writing this, but I just found out today I'm expecting #5.  I am in complete and utter shock. I have 4 boys - Ages 7 and under and my youngest just turned 1 last week.   I just got my period back in September and am still nursing a few times during the day, but pretty constantly at night. My yearly was the first week of October, and my midwife found a lump in my ovary.  This was the appt I was supposed to be having to discuss BC. Instead,...
With my first, I had one day of spotting around 6 months pp and then nothing until 11 months.  I'm on 4 months right now and hope to make it to 11 months again.  I've gotten in back at 11, 11 and then 8 months (my 3rd son was teething and used to bite me constantly and I think I just didn't nurse him enough or for long enough durations to keep it away longer than 8 months).   I have no BC plans and this is our last so I'd love for it to go away forever!
I gained over 60 and have only lost about 20-25 so far.  Plus I still needed 10# to lose to get down to my REAL pp weight.  It's just going so slowly this time around.  This is #4 for me.  I've gained 60+ with each pregnancy over the last 6 years.  I have lost almost the entire amount within 1 year.  don't expect a miracle especially if you gained a lot like I did. I'm also older, 40, so my metabolism must be slow because on weeks where I'm doing really well eating,...
We are using BumGenius "freetime"s.  We are on the middle snap setting now (have been for at least a month).  They are working really well for him.  We do have some elementals but his bottoms seems sensitive to have it feel wet. He was 9#7oz at birth and fit into the BG one sizes pretty much right away (or when his stump fell off). I don't know how big he is now.  He was 13.5# at his 2 month check up and his 4 month is next week. He's a little on the chunky side...
Hi everyone!  All of our babies are growing so big!  I can't believe it's been 3 months now. Things are well here.  Hectic but well.  My second youngest just turned 2 yesterday, and he's been a handful since Baxter was born. Have 2 babies is hard, especially when one is walking/climbing/causing mayhem every second I'm nursing or need to tend to Baxter.   Baxter is a ham.  He's such a happy baby, all smiles and giggles and lots of noises.  He is starting to get a...
I think this is the end of having kids for us....I'm 41 so really, my uterus needs to retire.  :) Of course, we said that after #3 and I got pregnant at 12 months pp on a whim. It was a total fluke, which I doubt would happen again to someone my age.   We don't have a ton of money or a large house, but if we did and I was a little younger, I'd be all over #5.  :)   Oh and my periods came back at 11 months with both #1 and #2, and about 8 months with #3 (he...
Adorable!  Sorry the birth wasn't what you had hoped for.  Hope are you both able to heal quickly!
I have no sex drive when I'm nursing, especially this often with such a young newborn. I've "taken one for the team" a few times already.  which is fine....I used that time to compile mental grocery lists. Yup.