or Connect

Posts by Triniity

I read a rather compelling theory once about this "toddler won't eat", it said that it's evolutionary, since kids stop eating "everything in front of them" when they are capable to run off and "find" their food.   So, to keep them from eating all these poisonous plants and insects (I would guess) nature stopped them eating "green" and "funny looking" or anything "intense tasting", for a while, until they are old enough to understand what is nutrious and what is...
i am still waiting for it, too 
did not read everything, wanted to respond anyway.    your DD is a bit like mine. Mine is farsighted (word?) at 8 dpt and squints (?), does not have 3-d-vision (so, no 3-d movies for us ;) ). She has ADHD and sensory processing problems.    She had a quite similar testing, very gifted verbally, but one part (I don't remember which though) was like 83 or something - more in the range of a disability. They said they could not say if it was a problem of her vision or her...
It is kind of reassuring that I am not the only one, feeling like this  hugs for everybody here!    It is just so different, I was so excited from day 1 with every other baby. And now I cannot get excited. But, maybe I will get there, it is still early, isn't it?!
In our case it pollakisuria.  Meaning: peeing a lot without any reason ;). Appears to be quite common in 5 - 8 year olds.    So, nothing really wrong with DS, thank god.
I am not posting as much as I used to, due to the fact that I don't feel I have anything to say, or to contribute.    I am feeling like staring into the air, I don't need to do anything. I am normally a quite active person with a couple of projects going on at any given time.    At the moment, I am just...I don't know. I am not totally sad or anything, I feel kind of ...nothing?    I don't feel connected to the baby, at all. I am even worried that I could loose it,...
I think there are more boys with this than one realises, if you don't know the condition. Now, that I am sensitized, I see it everywhere. Even my DH has bouts of this.(it's probably where this is coming from for DS)
mamarhu, I am so going to try this!    One of my problems is, that DH gets so distracted, that he 1) does not follow a routine 2)does not regulate the kids. I tried to explain to him, that if you don't keep this little springballs on track they are going to fly around the room like canonballs, and than there is nothing you can do anymore. I am not even sure if he gets it but he is not behaving like he does :(   And I am kind of out of it at the moment do to the...
:)
hi,  i am trin, and we are expecting #4. Quite a surprise really, still working on it.    Due on the 12.5. which would be one day after DD1's birthday...