or Connect

Posts by Triniity

With this new kid, I want to sew my own breastpads.   What is the best material for this? I would like to go all natural, since I do have a tendency to get thrush/eczema, but am worried about the scratchiness/leakiness of pure wool.   Looked around in the web for some suggestions, but the wool ones (at least the ones I found) were one layer only without patting, and I cannot really think that that would be enough. (I tend to leak quite heavily)   Any experiences?
With this new kid, I want to sew my own breastpads.    What is the best material for this? I would like to go all natural, since I do have a tendency to get thrush/eczema, but am worried about the scratchiness/leakiness of pure wool.    Looked around in the web for some suggestions, but the wool ones (at least the ones I found) were one layer only without patting, and I cannot really think that that would be enough. (I tend to leak quite heavily)    Any...
Hi,    My obs is worried that I don't gain enough weight. I started with 68 kg pre-pregnancy, went to 65 and am now at 70kg (since like 6 weeks?)    I have to take medication for the early contraction, and it leaves a weird bitter-metallic taste in my mouth, so it does not exactly raise my appetite.   I think I do not eat enough, but I am not hungry. If I try to add like a protein shake, I feel stuffed for hours, and I am not sure if that is a good approach as...
thank you for the reply, I'll look into it.    I just found a "noise light" as an app on iphone, and we started to use it yesterday. Rule is, if they manage to not get a red light, they'll have ice cream for desert. It worked! At least yesterday. they did not manage to earn icecream and were staring onto the phone the whole meal, but they were so much quieter!    I hope I can wean them off the staring, but for now we'll continue the light. And best was, if you buy a...
- How is it going?
 Mmh. Is it true? Or is it their "reality"? My DD1 is pretty oppositional and pushy a lot of the time, but I feel that a lot of people just expect a child to behave a certain way. I mean, I don't think, that an adult should be respected just because he is an adult. At least not more than the child. Respect goes two ways in my world.  Asking shows intelligence and questioning skills, if done appropriately. It can be hard on you at times, obviously.  And the two year old, I...
Does anyone know how to teach acceptable noise levels to kids? Mine are incredible loud, and I just.cannot.stand.it anymore. Same for Husband.    I get really aggressive due to the constant yelling and screaming. They don't talk, they scream.    They swear. Like sailors. I swear, they have never heard words like that from me. Ever.    Both are diagnose with ADHD.    Ideas?
I found them on ebay - something I never heard of before, they are quite neat, though!   (already arrived today  
See, here (in Germany) they are more than double that price ;)  I am able to sew, but it's rather difficult to find this kind of fabric longer than 80 cm.  Oh, and I love my ergo, too I am personally not very good with strollers. I don't know if this has something to do with lack of training, but I tend to bump into things, don't get it folded to get it into the car, don't get it unfolded without a hysterical breakdown, find that I get backpain from pushing it around....
Are they really worth it? Can't you just use anything with the same size for swaddling? I must admit, I am no big swaddler, but want to try again this time, since I have real back problems and am worried that the carrying around all day won't work...