or Connect

Posts by Triniity

I did hypnobirthing and did not have a painless birth. I could not use it during the birth, I was kind of too alert. I could not let go. It was not too painfull, and I still had a all natural birth (in the hospital), and my DH thinks that it helped a lot to get me more relaxed about birth since I was really frightened after a very traumatic first delivery and really considered a scheduled c-section. The class gave me the security to try it myself and it was an all...
Hi,  love to join you girls, I am due 9th December (if I did the calculation right). I am so excited, and worried, and excited. I need to tell my boss already, because I have an "unclear CMV status" and am therefor not allowed to work (until end of next week). I don´t really want to tell him already.    I am pretty frightened to get hyperemesis again, it was so bad. But it was worth it.  Trying for a doula now! With the weather in dec around here (at least last...
Hi Girls, We are pregnant ! Still very, very early, but nonetheless. Now comes my problem. I had a severe disc prolaps in september ´10, and am still in pain on most days. no neurological symptoms anymore, thank god.  In my last two pregnancies, I had severe hyperemesis with hospital stays and i.v. fluids, and following that a transient osteoporosis of pregnancy, which is believed to be due to malnutrition. The birth of DS was uncomplicated, but I had severe pain in...
Hi,  I am not absolutely sure about your country, but in our Country (germany) you can get your car seats checked by the company - after minor accidents or them dropping on the floor. I would call the company and ask if they offer that service.    Hope that helps.
Thanks for your supporting answers :) .  I would never just take the beloved doll away, that would be plain cruel. I guess it is the thing with love, now it´s the doll and in a couple of years ... okay, let´s not go there yet ;)  My thoughts on intervening were more into including Lotta (the waldorf doll) into our life, as in "did you bring Lotta?" "Do you think she needs to be changed" and stuff like that. I am not even sure, if it would be the right thing to do,...
Hi,  I guess Title says it all, doesn´t it? My DD has a couple of dolls, presents from different occasions (and why do all the grannies think that a "hello kitty baby doll" is the best present ever *hhmpf*  She has a Waldorf Doll, and she does play with her. She (Lotta) is handmade by me. She got her for her last birthday. But she plays mostly with one of her "baby born" babies, little full plastic babies, able to drink, and pee and eat and everything (which she...
Thank you for your reply. I did not read any "real" books, but read a lot at ambleside and simplycharlottemason, including "early years" and "laying out the rails". Do you think I should read a "real" book as well?    Following an curriculum is a bit difficult for me, and this is where the problem starts. I am german, and my kids are, too :) So i cannot really read english books to them. Most of them are not translated, although they are beautiful ... anyway. I am...
Hi there,  I am very interested in the Charlotte Mason Style teaching and plan to do some enrichment lectures with DD, but I have one problem, I am a bit confused into how to actually set up a lecture. I do understand that I would read something to her, and she would narrate it back, but is this all I would do?  And how does the living book concept really work? Would I actually read a whole book to them? like every day a chapter, say about trees, or just the part I...
  Hi,  my DD has a pretty bad dermatitis outbreak, she has atopic dermatitis since she was very young, (I have it as well, stupid genes) but not very severe, usually in her elbows sometime tiny patches somewhere else, I did put a bit of steroids on it, since she hates creams, but now she has it on her entire back and belly, it looks pretty horrible, as if she was whipped by somebody. I cannot put steroids all over her body, and now I am kind of lost in what to...
What is HSG?