or Connect

Posts by Triniity

Hi Tabitha, I am not a US citizen, therefor I cannot really speak for the US system. I am a Mom, working as a pediatric surgeon at the moment. Our working hours are okay thought, I am working around 45 h/week. I had my kids later in life, being a doctor already. DD is 4 and DS is 2.   At the moment I find it very hard to have to work so much (which is really not a lot compared to what you would have to do) although I really really love my job. But I miss my kids. I...
Hi there, I´d like to move my kids out of our family bed into a sibling bed. My DD is 4 years and DS is 2 years old. I need to get a little more rest at night, plus, the evening routine is really getting at me, since I always fall asleep with the kids and cannot get up anymore. I barely know how my dh looks like How do you do it? Should I set up a place in the play/kids room? Or should they sleep together in our bedroom? How about waking at night? Will they even...
Yes, I think that is the way to go, give them the opportunity to work through their emotions in the safe place that only a loving family can offer ! Thanks, all!
I love fantasy stories for helping me with the kids. We have a couple of fairy people around here, helping me a lot One group of them are the "pick up fairies" - and they don´t clean up for you. They are poor little things that don´t own any toys. So they fly around at night looking for toys for them. there is this rule that any toy that is lying on the floor is a present for the pick-up-fairies. They take it with them to play with it. It works like a charm! DD is...
I am trying the things you mentioned, it is just not always possible. In this situation she was probably dead tired - she had a snack beforehand (consisting of chocolat cookie dough - so maybe it was the sugar?!) and we spent the afternoon baking together, so lots of encouragement and little jobs. I asked her to put the silverware out just before she lost it... I just hate when she is mean to her brother. It feels like she is mean because she can. Taking stuff away...
Hi there, my sweet darling little girl is driving me a bit nuts at the moment . She is misbehaving, like throwing stuff, hitting or pushing her brother, getting tantrums and plain old not listening like in: NO! I WON'T ! Situation yesterday for example: She kept throwing things at dinnertime. I was alone with the two kiddos and trying to get food on the table. I told her, if she wouldn't stop she would have to eat alone in her room. Than she started being mean to her...
Unfortunately, in our case, even with the diagnosis, it does not really make anything easier. I am more understanding. Sometimes. But I want him to see that there actually is a problem and actually do something about it. We have an adult add expert working right in the same hospital he is working. Did he ever talk to her? - NO! The letter from the department with the diagnosis states that he does not have massive problems at work or at home, therefor there would be no...
TIN, it sometimes sounds as if you are married to my dh! It is kind of funny, how they kind of do the same things. I already said that in another post, my dh has add, (as have I and probably the kids) - and it feels as if he does not use his head - ever. (and he is a doctor, he is well liked, and the nurses love him for working so hard - sometimes that makes me think) Once he dropped dd in her daycare group room - which was totally, utterly empty. As in nobody there,...
I went back fulltime when my ds was pretty exactly 18 month old. He adjusted just fine. I worked parttime since he was 12 month, and he started daycare than. We have a daycare center with after hour care, and all the kids are in one group than with different carers, so he had to adjust to the new people, but it really took only a couple of days. He has his big sis with him, though. (but not in the normal daycare group) I think it was so the right decision. I used to...
I used one as well, a little frog from goldenb*g I think. I ordered it in the u.s. for an horrendous amount of shipping costs. But it was so worth it! DD hated holding hands when she was around two years, and she had eczema around her wrists, so I guess it might even have been painful for her. When I was pregnant or shortly after birth of ds I was not really very well walking, because of a hip disease. I was totally happy with the harness. My kids still love the frog,...