or Connect

Posts by Neera

How are you?   I don't know how old your kids are but I recently happened to watch the movie The Hunt. It was about a pre-k kid that imagines abuse happened to her because people put it into her head. I was old enough to understand what happened to me when it happened. I was 10 when one of the assaults happened. But one of them happened when I was 3-5 and it did happen. Dd is 7 and sometimes she still says things that she changes afterwards so it'd be a v. difficult call...
Wow. Sorry to know this is taking so long.
That's my plan for next year's birthday - one friend. They aren't best friends or anything but I know I can rely that she'll come unless she's sick. And with one friend it would be easy to cancel and reschedule. If next year she has made some other friend/s that she really wants then it will be them as well but probably not more than 3 kids.
Yes, I do but it's more manageable since I have had to push myself to face situations I would have never dreamed of doing before I had dd but unfortunately I still suffer from some and I am really so fed up with it. You can pm me the articles or just send it thru this thread. Thanks. Well, the lady is back in touch with me. :)
I am sorry that it was so hurtful. I have learned to harden myself by now. But if I learned they had a solid reason to not return my email I'd forget and move on, if I could. KWIM? I am saying this because I suffered from Panic and started the cycle in this case. I didn't attend my friend's wedding. Obviously he doesn't know why I didn't go and is hurt about it. In a different case another friend from Univ. was v. distant the last 2 years or so. I found out recently that...
Thanks. This friendship was not really something I am going to find as a great, big loss, thankfully. I am sorry for your aunt. I bet it's a lot harder when you're older. But I also understand what her friend was going through. It's tough when things like that happen.
You're right. Dd had fun with whoever was there. There was one kid and the kid's siblings that she really didn't want to invite. She is mean. What can I say? They get mean at this age. And, I didn't see her playing with them. I mean I know she had her reasons and I am looking at her feelings through my eyes - an adult's. As an adult I'd let go of any minor issues KWIM? But she played with whoever else was there. A month later she was going to someone else's party and was...
I didn't understand what you meant by "having a venue?" Recently someone in dd's class who has a Feb (cold!!) birthday had a party in March. I thought it wasn't a bad idea since the weather is so much better. Could you move your dd's bday up to be celebrated in June instead, when school is on?? Kids are in a good mood, looking forward to end of the school year and I'm assuming, probably looking for something fun to do as a pre-end of school celebration. Don't know? We had...
Thanks. Agree, there are some people who cannot email back. Strange but true. I know a few of them. But they keep in touch in other ways, Skype, phone calls if they are here in the U.S. And many ask me to get on FB but I don't want to. It's not for me - not yet.