or Connect

Posts by SativaStarr

Congrats! I hope you have better luck than I do.. I'm 24 weeks 1 day now and I have been in the hospital now for the past 2 weeks thanks to preterm labor.. back on magnesium sulfate and terbutaline with pretty much no hope of getting out of here until delivery. I'm opting for tubal this time around.
Ive posted here before, as I already ahve 3 former preemies.. a 35 weeker, a 34 weeker, and a 32 weeker. But I am expecting baby #4 and am currently 24 weeks 1 day. I'm in the hospital for preterm labor and on magnesium sulfate and terbutaline and have already been here for 2 weeks now. Long story short, we don't know how long this little guy is going to hold out and Im trying to prepare myself as much as I can for what lies ahead. Given my history and the fact that...
Hanna Andersson makes rompers in size 90 (2-3 years) whih Im sure would fit him well. I aldo am a fan of Zutano's clothing.. I find they tend to cut the rump wider than many.
Quote: Originally Posted by nextcommercial That was a very generous gift! How wonderful of them to do that for her. But, I'd probably want to return it (if your dd is willing) and get something smaller. Those things are fun if you have other kids to play with it (or run over with it) but, just for one little girl, I think it wouldn't hold it's charm very well. The size alone would be reason enough to exchange it. But, I wouldn't send them an...
We actually had Scenera's as DS2's primary seat up until a few weeks ago. He's in a Marathon and roundabout50 (both Britax) and honestly he HATES the things He was for whatever reason MUCH happy in his $40 Scenera! And FWIW, we were in a serious crash (rearended a semi at 35 mph) in Dec of 2008 and our then 2 year olds were both FF in Sceneras (they had reached the 35 lb weight limits). Both were completely safe.. can't say the same for the car though.. it was...
My 32 weeker ended up going off Neosure because he had issues with the milk protein.. we did Alimentum for awhile and ultimately ended up on Neocate from 4-12 months.. and now he's been on Elecare for the lat 7 months (yes, he's still on formula at 19 months.. he has had ALOT of feeding issues.
I know its hard.. but treasure the time you CAN spend in NICU with him. Nova was also a 32 weeker with a 5 week NICU stay.. however he was an hour away and my kids at home were 1 and 2 AND they had already been separated from me for 8 long weeks due to preterm labor requiring hospital bedrest adn magnesium sulfate/terbutaline. I was lucky to get a couple hours a day with Nova in NICU because my kids needed me at home and it was impossible to manage a 1 year old 2 year...
My former 35 weeker, now 4 yo has mild athma despite being born without any respiratory issues. He's on Flovent (inhaler) as controller, Albuterol (inhaler) as needed (not often at all), and Singulair, as well as Zyrtec because of some allergy issues. My former 34 weeker, now 3 yo has no respiratory issues at all (and didnt at birth either). My former 32 weeker (now 17 months) has chronic lung disease and has pretty major respiratory issues. He will most likely get...
Unless she has major health issues, I'd be ok with a 34 weeker starting at 12 weeks honestly. My 34 and 35 weekers were never given any restrictions regarding daycare/exposures. Only my 32 weeker had restrictions but he also has chronic lung disease, laryngo tracheomalacia, and major feeding/aspiration issues that made things tough. He was at high risk for severe respiratory illness and in 17 months ahs landed in the hospital 15 times for respiratory issues. He also...
My 35 and 34 weekers never needed the preemie formulas. My 32 weeker was put on Neocatefor supplementing/fortifying but switched to Alimentum and later Neocate due to milk protein issues. They wanted him on a 24 cal diet for a long time, so we justmixed it at a higher caloric concentration.