or Connect

Posts by princesstutu

How anyone could not enjoy SF is beyond me.    If you do end up coming, we must meet!    I will even bring you cake! (Because it's my favorite food, not because it's a calorie-free religious stipulation.)
I didn't get a ring with my first marriage.  I love rings, but he always felt like the wrong man for me.  At first, I didn't care about the rings too much, but when I started to care, I realized I could never state to the world that I was married to him.   Of course, I left him.  And, next time I get married, I'm getting a huge, honking ring.  I want the birthstones of all my current kids to be on it, too.  If we have any kids together, I'll add a band with the...
I agree.  It's nice to have your voice here.  And, I feel like I completely understand where you're coming from.  I think I've been on that path although I didn't stop at all the places you did.  For a while, I wanted to find a term that said what "feminist" says...plus more.  In the end, I found that I was fine with "feminist" and drew a little closer to it after dealing with folks who claim to think all humans are equal, and then something racist comes out their...
Something else we can work to change.   I wonder if folks understand this, so I'm going to post it here:   You can change your name anytime you want.  I can't guarantee it will be hassle-free as far as government workers are concerned (people are people), but if you are not trying to hide behind aliases and are on the up-and-up, you have the right to use a different name and get a Social Security card reflecting it.  You don't want to know how many different...
Well, I double dog dare you to go eat some, then.
Let's be clear that even women who truly want to make change happen are ensconced in the rules of the "boys" running the show.    I agree that we live in an overwhelmingly child-hating, family-hating society.  A perverse society.  It's anti-male, too, but sometimes that gets lost in the shuffle.    Anyway, back to what I originally was trying to say: unless more of us stick together in a more physical presence and a more financial presence, I don't think much...
Hi! You know, I might need to hang around more "raving capitalists" so...Welcome! LOL   Ah, terminology.  I almost decided to be a "womanist" instead of a "feminist" (I am definitely not a humanist...not in the technical way, but one never knows if people mean in technically b/c people like to use "humanist" to mean someone who values all humans in a kind of reference to "feminist", which is not what it means, so...lol!), but I feel that so often, we like to abandon...
Pookietooth, I wish I knew where they were all getting their money! LOL   I know some SAHMs here.  One loved living in Richmond, the other loves living in Oakland (they live on the Oakland/Berkeley border right now).  Another one, lives in Berkeley, like me.  I think one can be a SAHM here and still be comfortable, but it takes a bit of work to find the right place to stay.  I have only met one homeschooler, so far, but I haven't really tried to meet any, either,...
Normally, I'm last in line to defend McDonald's.  Actually, I wouldn't even get in line.  But, in this case, y'all are wrong.   McDonald's cake is pretty good.  Or it was last time I had some over 9 years ago.    I worked at McDonald's for many years in my youth and had lots of birthday celebrations for coworkers.  Good cake.    You have to thaw it out, but it's pretty good.  I've had much worse from companies that are healthier.    Like Whole Foods vegan...
Thanks for reminding me about that!  I meant to check online about how to get there from here.