or Connect

Posts by Eresh

I have to wonder about that doctor. I didn't see my son's cord pulsing since it was so dark, but I certainly felt it when he was born. Anyhow--did anybody else notice on that video how they never talk to the woman actually giving birth? They never even really interact with her (holding her head back doesn't really seem like interaction to me). And then at the end the onlooker woman thanks the police/sheriff person? That video was actually kind of creepy. Okay, I...
Well, I just got back today. Flying out of Washington Dulles, I had no problem taking my 6 week old DS through security in a peanutshell. I took him out of the sling as soon as I got seated on board since he doesn't like the peanutshell, so I don't know if they would have asked me to take him out or not. I changed him to a UBW for the second flight and they asked me to take him out of the wrap for take off. For the flight back, I went through security at a very small...
I love this thread. I wish I'd read it before my labor! LOL I gave birth to my son 6 weeks ago at home. My labor was 23 hours and I had hip pain with each contraction from the start. For the first 14 hours I moved around a lot and tried different positions, even relaxing in the birthing pool. I vocalized a lot to help focus and, even with the hip pain, it was all very manageable. After the birthing pool, I was so relaxed my labor really slowed down so we tried...
Well, I'm flying out tomorrow with my 6 week old to see his great-grandma in Oregon. I'll be carrying him in my Ultimate Baby Wrap so I really really hope they don't make me take him out and take it off. I have a peanutshell but he just can't seem to get comfortable in it.