or Connect

Posts by taralv

Hi, mylilmonkeys. I have four children, ages 10, 7, 3, and 10 months. I can only imagine that your stress load is about twice what I have? I have said before that I don't feel like four is "a lot", but then I look at my house and I think differently, lol. I just found out that my daughter's girl scout troop will be meeting in the parents' houses this year instead of the community center, and we will all take turns hosting the meeting. That puts fear into my heart! But,...
It's good to see some people posting on this thread. Kittywitty, I also struggle with finding time to give to each child individually, especially now tht our summer break is over and we are starting school again. I feel committed to homeschooling, but it certainly is a challenge, and sometimes I worry that I'm not doing "enough". Mylilmonkeys, I can absolutely relate to the isolation that you describe. We moved two years ago from a very small town that was a lot like the...
Hi, there is another thread on here - Summer '11 - check thar one out for some discussion about finding support.... I can't write a post right now, but i wanted to direct you to the new thread. Tara
I don't know what it is about that 4th baby... but, yeah, I've kind of been in a tailspin since I had her. I was talking to my mom, asking her about how my grandmother managed the household when she was growing up (my mom is #2 of 13 kids), and she said that my grandmother was super organized, lots of routine and lots of rules. And of course, EVERYONE had chores and helped with the babies, etc... So, she said that she talked to my grandmother about what I was asking, and...
So funny, I actually came here to search for some MOM threads because I need some reassurance, some help, some "been there, done that" kind of stuff... So, I probably could have written your post exactly. I just had my 4th child - she's just turned 9 months - and for some reason I just cannot seem to catch up or feel like I'm even remotely on top of things. I am constantly forgetting things, and running late and my house is a perpetual disaster. It isn't that my life with...
Thanks for the suggestions. She actually will run along with my daughter when she rides her bike or scooter, but I don't feel safe letting her go very far without me. Unfortunately, because the baby and my three year-old and my six year-old have to come on our outdoor walks, it kind of limits how far we can go. We just got a treadmill and we have trained her to walk on it (with me or my daughter). I'm hoping this helps. We thought that adopting a small dog would be so much...
Forgot to add that we do have a fenced back yard as well, so she gets excercise out there with the kids and our other dog.
Hi, I need help with our dog and I'd love some suggestions. She is a cheagle (beagle/chihuahua) and she is about two years old. We've had her for a year and a half, and she has to be one of the most destructive animals I've ever had! She has chewed shoes, toys, various electronic media, millions of crayons and markers, trampoline parts and furniture,etc... Our house has more gates set up than the Panama Canal. I have four kids, ages 8 months to 10 years, so my time is...
Ok, help with yard work would be nice. But the dog poop is probably the most annoying part as it has to be picked up daily so nobody steps in it (we have a small yard). As for pressure from family and friends to NOT have any more - tons! My sister in particular gets angry when I talk about having anymore, mostly because she doesn't want me to have to go through the nausea and fatigue, etc... So I make a special effort never to complain to her when pregnant, and never to...
Ok, coming out of lurkdom now and introducing myself. I'm Tara, and I just had our 4th in October. So, they are ages 9, 6, 3, and 3 months. I really don't think of 4 as being "many", but it has definitely changed the dynamic around here enough that I've gone searching for some help from other moms with more than 1 or 2. I've been reading through some of the past threads and I feel like I get so much inspiration from them. I think if pregnancy was not so difficult for me I...