or Connect

Posts by newmoon2000

Quote: Originally Posted by moominmamma Wouldn't it be possible to have a conversation about it and get them to understand the issue? Discuss with your boys the reality that nudity makes some people uncomfortable, especially nudity by children and adults. Thank you so much for your ideas about what to say -- I tried a few months ago to explain to them that nudity makes some people uncomfortable, and DD1 said "Why? Don't they think my body is...
I have 4-1/2 yo twin boys. We live what would be considered a radical unschooling lifestyle. We don't have a specific bedtime, we don't limit screen time or have food restrictions. It's working out GREAT for us. Because of the trust and freedom, the boys seem to be making "good choices" on their own -- they ask to go to bed when they are tired (around the same time every night), they are not addicted to TV or video games (even though they can play them as much as they...
I loved my Peg Perego Aria Twin too! Had all the features you requested. Very durable -- lived through my two twins! I think I paid $300+ brand new, but I was able to re-sell it on Craig's List for $100 two years later. The only thing I didn't like was that the overhead sunscreens didn't really cover much. But I bought an attachable sunshade (from amazon, I think) and that did the trick. Oh, and it is not all-terrain. Good luck!
I have twins. Both woke frequently during the night for the LONGEST time. One of them still wakes up every couple of hours (and he's almost four years old). The other one started mostly sleeping all night around the age of three. But most nights, he still wakes up a couple of times. Fortunately, we co-sleep and, unlike when they were babies, they are both easily comforted back to sleep. My theory is that some children sleep soundly and others just don't. Not to discourage...
Hi everybody -- I'm the OP. Just wanted to say thanks for all your replies. As is often the case, my concerns about my boys not keeping each other amused started waning immediately after I wrote the original post. Today was heavenly! They played together most of the day without incident. At one point, D came running down the stairs to ask me for two juices, one for the "Mommy Froggie" and one for the "Baby Froggie". I assumed he was referring to his stuffed animals or...
I am a SAHM of 4yo b/b twins. If I had a dollar for every time somebody said to me, “it must be so easy to have twins, they keep each other amused”, I could afford to hire a mother’s helper to help me keep my twins amused. Seriously. I would say they keep each other amused maybe 10% of the time. Their favorite activities involve me in some way -- riding bikes, cooking, reading, taking a bath. Or, they get involved in separate activities, both of which require...
OK, I couldn't read your post and not answer. I actually never quite figured out a way to get both my boys to sleep by myself. My husband (or somebody) was always available to help. On the few rare occassions when it was just me, basically we'd all three end up crying ourselves to sleep. Particularly between the ages of one and two, it was brutal. The scenes you described made me laugh because I remember it well!!! I tried so many people's suggestions for routines, etc....
Hi there - I've only got a minute, so I didn't get to read all the responses to your post, but when I read what you wrote, my heart went out to you and I wanted to give you my story, which is a "success story". It'll have to be the Reader's Digest version. My twins were born at 28 weeks (2 lbs each). I began pumping (fruitlessly, at first) within 48 hours of their traumatic C-section birth. Even though I faithfully showed up at the NICU at feeding time three times a...
My 3.5yo twins are the opposite. Their obsession is nudity. S is particularly insistent on remaining unclothed. I can't get him to wear ANYTHING. When we are going out in the cold, I can usually convince him to wear one of his two favorite shirts (absolutely must be blue) and one pair of pants that is way too small for him (barely reaches his ankles). If I try to put anything else on him, he complains/cries/runs away. He has various reasons for rejecting different articles...
Definitely BTDT. My twins are now 3-1/2 and we are still co-sleeping. It is much easier now, but I remember well the trials and tribulations you are going through. I also remember that all my singleton mommy friends and/or more mainstream friends had their children sleeping through the night in their own beds at that point, which made it even harder. When our boys were around your LO's age, DH and I had to do some serious soul-searching regarding our reasons for wanting...