or Connect

Posts by noralou

Thanks for your ideas!  I had dismissed the No Cry Sleep Solution because I didn't think it addressed the issues that come up for twins, but I'll try it again.   I decided to tackle night weaning first, so haven't tried to change naps yet.  I've been so desperate for rest that the nap issues are more stressful than they need to be.  Once we start having better nights regularly (night weaning seems to be working!!!), I think I'll be ready to approach the nap problem...
Feels impossible at the moment! Any ideas?     I'm brainstorming how to change our nap time routine for my 2yo twins without killing naps AND without using the car (which only works while the car is moving anyway). I have one very reluctant napper who is a wreck if he doesn't nap and one who easily falls asleep in a backpack but is hard to put down without waking up and gets woken up easily by her brother.   For now, I'm doing a ridiculous acrobatic routine to...
This has become a huge problem over the past few months... 3 or 4 times a day, DS1 suddenly has a mood change and gets very hyper, grouchy, sometimes aggressive, and it seems to be directly related to needing to go to the bathroom.  (Occasionally it seems to be because he's hungry or tired, but not as often.)     DH and I are trying to get him to check in with himself when we start to see warning signs, but DS1 is very resistant to any suggestion to go to the...
Me too! "Liked" on FB a long time ago. 
Never mind; I was just having a bad day.   Moderator, if you want to delete, that'd be great!
Yes, me too!   I am a SAHM for now.  DH works from home most days, but commutes 1 or 2 days per week.  There are some challenges to this situation for sure, especially with defining when he's working and when he's available to me and the kids.  Still, mostly I love that he's around so much, and I think it's great for the kids. We've been living this way for about 2.5 years now, and have had to come up with some guidelines to keep things running smoothly (or close...
My babies are late bloomers with solid foods, and I've been successful washing their Bum Genius, Fuzzy Buns and Kauaii Baby CDs without rinsing up until now.  Though they are starting to eat some solids, they're still not eating a whole lot besides breast milk.   I wonder when it becomes necessary to start rinsing poopy diapers in the toilet before washing?  Or can I keep doing what I've been doing until they're having more solids?  It would be good to change the...
Mine were C/S, and my first child, DS1 was natural V with a hospital midwife. This time I had midwives and an OB, and wanted a home birth if possible. At 34 weeks, the midwives said no to the home birth because of baby A's position. At the end, both babies were breech, and baby A's position (not quite breech, almost transverse) put him at risk of cord prolapse if I waited for my water to break. I never felt I was in labor, just kind of achy, but that was enough for me...
Thanks for the replies. I decided to let it go for now. DS has learned so many new skills over the past month and a half, so if he is writing gibberish in his journal for now, I don't think it will hurt him. He is excited about writing, and continues to try to write real words just for fun at home. The heart of the matter for me is that I wish his teacher knew DS and his skills better. It's not a huge class (21 kids), so I hope that will happen as the school year...
At this point, I'm not specifically worried about his academic skills. I know he'll learn to read and write just fine, despite what is happening at school (since he enjoys reading and writing on his own at home). I guess I was not clear that his teacher does not have a problem if the kids do write real words in their journals; it's just that in his instructions, he emphasized the pretend writing so much (demonstrated writing random letters in word-like clusters) that...