or Connect

Posts by Draupadi

Oh, yeah! If you're my friend on Facebook, please don't mention it on there. I've only told a few people and I don't want the whole world to know yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sagesgirl Nope. Suspicion is not proof. Ask yourself this question: What would it help? Seriously. If he's lost his job, he's lost his job. Telling your friend you think her husband has lost his job isn't going to accomplish a blessed thing. Now, if you knew, maybe I'd answer differently. But there's nothing positive that can possibly come from airing suspicions. : Don't say anything if you are not positive....
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy I completely understand. I haven't dyed my hair in a dog's age, but it's not something I'll do when I'm pregnant either. Again, though, the smell is really more than enough reason for me. I get severe "pregnancy nose" and can smell EVERYTHING and wow, most of it really makes my stomach turn. I really need to dye my hair badly but I think I'll wait until I'm in the 2nd trimester and then only something like...
You should be ok, Sorin. Really. At only a few DPO, you'll probably be fine. Hi, ladies. I have some news of my own. After about 6 month ttc, I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. I'm only about 4 weeks along so I'm still nervous and just keeping my fingers crossed. I have a lot to think about with this pregnancy- mainly finding a new practice to manage my prenatals/birth. We were not happy about the way William's birth was handled. It was a high risk pregnancy...
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy I think that the greatest danger is probably posed by the smell of it, which is much more likely to make you toss your cookies if you're pregnant (as is... oh, everything else ). While I'm not 100% convinced that relaxers are safe at all, but I think that there are many more dangerous chemicals to which we deliberately expose ourselves in far greater concentrations. (Please note here that I'm not a conspiracy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloomingstar Good luck with homeschooling! Keep us posted Whatever happened with the letter (someone? Rootz, maybe?) sent to the library? For all the BK or general NYC area folks, there's a World Breastfeeding Week event on August 7th (next Friday). If you PM me I can send you the full email with the flyer but the basic info is that there's the annual ride on the A train from the Bronx to Nostrand Ave. in Brooklyn,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorin Ok, ladies. I have another question. I looked on line for the info and couldn't quite find what I was looking for, so I thought you wise women might be able to help. So, it turns out that I had my O date wrong, and I did not O while DH was out of town. Actually, I Oed after his return, and let's just say that our timing was perfect this month. So here I am in the 2ww period. According to Fertility Friend, I am...
Can anyone recommend a pediatrician for the East Village/Gramercy area of Manhattan? I can't stand my pediatrician and am ready to let him go. Thanks in advance!
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewsMother DH and I are afraid of hormones, and latex and I don't get along well so we use the tried and true withdrawl method. It has worked for us for 5 years. Andrew was not planned, but he was definetly not an "ooops". We also did withdrawal for years before I got pregnant. William wasn't exactly an oops but he was not exactly planned either. Now that I'm actually trying to get pregnant, it's just not...
The title pretty much says it. I got a Toddler Patapum for Mother's Day and it just never seemed to get comfortable enough for me. It's a good carrier but I think I may just sell it. My DS is 36# and 37 in. tall. He still feels the most comfortable in my Babyhawk but he's definitely gotten a bit too tall for it. Can anyone tell me about the Toddlerhawk?