or Connect

Posts by MollyKenzie

My partner and I have always been happy with our decision to keep our son intact.  There was really never any question that we wouldnt circumcise.  However, yesterday I spent a great deal of the afternoon trying to explain why his penis looked differently than his best friends.  We are very close with a family who decided to circumcise their sons.  I dont agree with their choice, but it wasnt mine to make and I dont want to pass on any judgement.  That being said, all my...
Hi there!  Well, we live down in Eugene and have kids and are definitely NOT the only lesbian's with kids so I know there has to be some up in P-town :)  Good luck with the move-when are you coming?
I have to say, its nice to see this post. I know it was posted a little bit ago, but tonight I almost lost my mind! L and E are going to be 2 on the 18th and they used to be sooo happy to just lay in their cribs until they fell asleep. E was usually out in minutes. All three of my kids were/are in the same room. But L started getting out of her crib, and now E is getting out of her crib and my 4 year old doesnt know what to do because he just wants to fall asleep!! I...
I didnt do triplets, but I did do twins at home. Everyone except my inner voice and my partner and my midwife told me not to do it, but we did very good monitoring and made sure that they were both okay, up until week 35 when my midwife felt ok about delivering at home. My only concern would be if they were early...which could be a risk factor, but if you take good care of yourself and get LOTS of protein, I say you go girl!
I wish I had some good advise for you. All of my children are early wakers, but my 6 month old twins will wake up at 5am, sometimes 4:30 and not want to go back to sleep either. They end up getting up, playing for about 45 minutes and then going down for about an hour or hour and a half nap. It feel crazy to me, and I'm not sure how to get them out of this habit, other than maybe not letting them take that morning nap, but that just seems bad too. Sorry I dont...
I had to reply to this, because I was just putting my girls down to sleep and wondering how I could seem to have a favorite when they are only 6 months old! Its not like they are that different, and yet...there you have it. I think I try to overcompensate with the other one somehow. And...dont worry about thinking its just because they are MZ, we dont know if ours are MZ or DZ (although they look exactly alike, we dont know for sure) so all I sit and obsess about is...
I dont know if anyone else does this, but we just keep a little bottle of detergent (hypo alergenic, no dyes etc) by our changing station and when we get a poopy one, we just pour a little on the poopy parts. They come super clear and never have any stains. We use fuzzi bunz too so the fleece seems to hold up well -
I have a good friend who is in the middle of an adoption. She will be having her final home visit in a couple of weeks. She has been experiencing post-partum like symptoms but is totally afraid to talk about it because she doesnt want anyone to take the baby away. I was wondering if any of you experienced this or if you know of any support services that she might be able to find. It is a private adoption so some of the services that adoption agencies provide she cant...
I use both pocket diapers (fuzzy bunz are my favs) and prefolds, and I know this doesnt help all that much...but...just have a LOT! I dont really want to be doing laundry all the time, so I alsways wish I had more of them....you can never have enough. That being said, I have about 8 pockets and 8 covers and loads of prefolds left over from my son.
Hi! I'm sorry if I am repeating a question, I tried to go through all the posts, but dont really have time to sort through it all...you all are such a great chatty resource : Anyway, I want to can all the baby food I'm making because my girls wont be food ready till the winter when all my produce is gone, but whenever I try to find a good recipe they all say baby food should never be canned because of botulism... I have done lots of canning, but not in awhile but...